New guy intro

-

rmchrgr

Skate And Destroy
Reaction score
Hello all,

My name's Greg, I just joined today, though I'd give a little introduction. I've been a Mopar guy for as long as I can remember. I started out with B-bodies. Some of the cars I've owned include a '67 Belvedere II with a warmed over 273 and a 1965 Belvedere I post car that I got about halfway through finishing and decided to sell. Along the way I also had a '72 W100 4x4 with a 360 and a 4 speed that was purple to boot.

For the last 3 years, I've been driving a 1965 Valiant 100, which is the one in my sig. pic. It's got a 225/904 drive line with the 7.25 rear. I recently rebuilt the entire underside of the car - front and rear suspension, converted to dual MC and disk brakes, new wheels and tires, new brake lines and a few other upgrades. It's also been converted to electronic ignition and has a new exhaust system from the downpipe back. It drives great and I drive it all the time.

As far as myself, I recently graduated from tech school to become an 'automotive technician', otherwise known as a mechanic. I was a printer for over 15 years and like a lot of people, I was unhappy with what I was doing. I had had enough and decided to pursue my passion, which has always been cars. I did pretty well at school and graduated with honors, for whatever that's worth. I also now have 2 ASE certifications under my belt (brakes, electric). I missed two others by one question each. I hope to get all 8 within the next few years once I've been out in the field for a while.

I'm also lucky to have a great family too. My wife Amy and I have a new son Jake and besides her, he's the greatest thing that's ever happened to me.

So that';s about it. Been lurking for a while, seems to be a lot of good info on this board. Glad to be here.

Greg

Hey, thanks, Jack. Cool Demon you got there.

More pics of the Valiant here.

The interior is nice, but the body needs a little work. It's a driver, better a little rough around the edges parking on the street in Brooklyn!

Thanks for the nice welcome fellas. Looking forward to contributing to the board.

I've really come around to the A-bodies in the last few years. I do like the B's, especially the early B's, but damn those cars were large! Mid size? Yeah, right. An A-body is an unbeatable platform for a race car or street machine.

I'm a real fan of '70-'72 Dusters, hope to own one for myself soon.

Brooklyn in da house!!!!!!!

Welcome aboard Greg! Where are you in Brooklyn? I was born in the Ridgewood/Bushwick area myself MANY years ago. I'm currently up here on the north shore in Bayside, Queens. Neat `64 ya got there.

As for the switch from printing to wrenching, I had to laugh.... I've been wrenching for over 30 yrs. and would LOVE to do something different myself! I'm an ASE master with L-1 cert, I'm currently a Nissan master tech, and have a tool chest the size of a pair of refrigerators. I admire your commitment in changing jobs... it's not easy, or inexpensive, to stay abreast with today's technology. I have days where I stare at whatever nightmare that was dragged in and wonder what the Hell I'm doing there.... But when you slay the big dragons, you feel like a champ. When a little problem kicks your tail, you feel like a chump.

Good luck with your new career, and welcome to our site!

Greg !! Thanks for sharing you fine ride and hope you the best with the family.
Here is one I let go of and miss driving it to my favorite fishing hole.
Hope you enjoy this great site and keep us updated.
Jump on in anytime, We have the best of the best tec's and some good folk's here, And some great musictions here too.

LIFE 004.jpg

Hey John (FB340), Bayside huh? I guess you must know Lincoln Tech on 20th Ave. where I went to school. I actually live in Windsor Terrace by the park, just beyond Park Slope. Its where Coney Island Ave. and Ocean Pkwy start. It's an awesome neighborhood, we love it there. We have a backyard!

As far as the career, I guess I always knew I would do something with cars, it's in my blood and the only thing that's ever kept my interest. Parents never encouraged me to do anything like that, just found it on my own. Sitting in front of a computer fixing people's crappy files so they print right was downright demoralizing after so many years. Luckily my wife was behind the decision and even encouraged me to do it.

Got my box right before I graduated, we got 50% off on Snap-On tools, which to me was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. I got a decent-size box, mostly metric. I'll need to get more stuff, but it's a start. I like to solve electrical-related problems. It's never the PCM!

Welcome aboard......:cheers: You will love this site GREAT information, and people are very helpful here........Good luck with the career. :-D

GREG, welcome,, A bodies here most of my life,, as for the career change,, that takes guts in todays world,,good luck,, ive been a printer for over 30 years,, 12 hour shifts all my life im sick of it,, i would love to do some thing else,,,never had time to go back to school to learn any thing else,,always worked to payt the bills keep the house going and fund my car hobby that seems to be an endless spending spree,, i think we do different printing,, im in the flexiable package printing,,, food and medical packaging,,its a living,,, every one needs to eat,,,,so i keep printing,,,,,, good luck,,,this is a great site,,,

Welcome Greg! Hope you enjoy this site, it's a great one. It's always nice to have another Tech around as well :read2:

2052882_1.jpg

2052882_7.jpg

2052882_37.jpg

-
Back