New guy, new car

-

RedScampi

Reaction score
Hello folks,
I really put my foot in it now. I'm the proud owner of a "new" 72 Scamp and a 72 "Part Dart". This is not my first Mopar, more like a return to my roots. My first Mopar was a Dodge 880 Custom with a 318. I was only 17 at the time and had no idea that it might be cool someday.:sad3: After having owned entirely too many cars, here I am 31 years later and I am back in the fold. I have alway loved dodges and Plymouths, just never thought about buying one again. An accidental click on Craig's List was all it took though. If I can I'll attach a picture of my running driving Scamp, as well as my part dart. The Scamp has a built 360, new exhaust, new suspension, new brakes and is pretty much turn key. It has a little rust spot on the rear passenger quarter, and bubbles under the vinyl behind the rear window. other than that it's rock solid. The part dart which has a smooth running 318 will yield up it's front disc brake setup, driver's door, and rear under bumper valance. It has already donated it's posi rear end (7.something - I'm a serious noob) and heavy duty rear springs according to the previous owner - a really great guy. The Dart would be a good car too except the roof is swiss cheese. Anyway, here are the pics, or maybe I'll post in my gallery soon. I have already learned a bunch and really look forward to talking with you guys.
Gary

PICT0001.jpg

PICT0002.jpg

PICT0027.jpg

Welcome! Looks like you've got fun and tinkering to do...great project and it already looks good.

hey welcome did you happen to buy those cars off the eugene craigslist i had been looking at them not to buy just looking i dont have the money for any other cars right now but i was hoping they would go to a good home as there are quite a few guys around here that buy mopars and cut them up and sell them on ebay ive seen quite a few nice cars in this area get cut up just cause they are worth more in parts than as complete cars anyway if they are the same cars Thanks for saving them just have to ask if they are the same cars did you give him what he was asking or were you able to get him down some They seemed like a good deal for what he wanted. Good Luck Justin

I used to live in Normandy Park.
I'm home sick seeing that nice sunny weather there.
Pictures can be deceiving, but it looks like you got two pretty good cars.
Glad to "meet you".

did you happen to buy those cars off the eugene craigslist

Justin, yes I did! good catch. The Scamp is WAY too nice to cut up. The PO put a lot of effort and time into it and it just needs some body work and a few other things. The Dart would be a nice car with a new roof. I drained the floors this afternoon and ripped the carpet and headliner out of it. Floors are real nice.
Gary

P.S. I traded my Jeep for both cars.
G

Justin, yes I did! good catch. The Scamp is WAY too nice to cut up. The PO put a lot of effort and time into it and it just needs some body work and a few other things. The Dart would be a nice car with a new roof. I drained the floors this afternoon and ripped the carpet and headliner out of it. Floors are real nice.
Gary

P.S. I traded my Jeep for both cars.
G

I thought so im glad you got them i hadn't seen them in person but i sure thought at least the scamp was too nice to cut up but like i said there is a guy around here that buys anything with parts value and cuts them up and sells parts on the internet. Nice doesnt usually matter to him if they are worth more in part he cuts them up. Ive seen 68-70 chargers real roadrunners, real superbees etc. etc cut up and some very nice satellites dusters a body cudas darts all of them and cut up just cause he can make more money in parts than whole cars. Again Im very happy they went to someone who cares about them Congrats and keep us posted on your progress. By the way where are you are you all the way up in seattle or are you a little closer it would be nice to meet up sometime i am about an hour south of eugene on I-5 Good Luck Justin

LOL, your in for it now....2 cars.....LOL your doooooomed!!!!!!!

Welcome to the fold and the damned!!!!

Welcome Gary !! looks like you have plenty to keep you happy.
We have some of the best of the best tec's here and some great folks too.
Keep us updated and jump on in.

-
Back