New Guy Old School Attitude

-

liteweight

Reaction score
first post here. Came over from a thread that was started by davescuda over on classracer.com about restoration on Tom Myles original 68 BO29 cuda. i'm very interested in the restoration of these cars, due to a long time habit of one of my own.

below is a pic. of my current Super Stock LO23 Hemi Dart.

liteweight

I'm curious on these hemi darts. Yours is very nice by the way. Did they only cut the quarters or are the inner wells and or suspension altered at all?

Inner tubs left Hurst unmodified from what I've learned over the years. Springs were offset to the frame rails. Not many cars that didn't recieve some sort of wheel tub treatment over the years. Mine is mini tubbed only with leaf springs in the rails.

liteweight

What size tires?

Makes sense how Hurst did it. All bolt on stuff vs. altering major sheetmetal

COOL car!!! And welcome to the site!

What size is your exhaust pipes and any
pics of how you snaked them out the rear.
Be interested in pics of the fuel system too if you want to share.

Welcome from West Kildonan.
I've seen your Dart. Awesome! It looks even better in real life.
There's quite a few of us Manitobans on FABO. You'll fit right in.

thanx for the good words guys, I appreciate it. I drive this car as much as I can in my local city. It's not really street friendly, but ,is an absolute blast . I had to put 4 mufflers on it so it wouldn't set off every car alarm it went by. Two didn't cut it. Now it'll only set off the occasional "sensitive" alarm. Exhaust is 4"

liteweight

Inner tubs left Hurst unmodified from what I've learned over the years. Springs were offset to the frame rails. Not many cars that didn't recieve some sort of wheel tub treatment over the years. Mine is mini tubbed only with leaf springs in the rails.

liteweight

Yes. With offset spring hangers and offset shackles, just like the MP offset spring kit:

$_35.JPG

Attachments

• Copy of HemiDartmisc8023.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 344
I ran my exhaust the same as yours, which by the way guys is a 4" inch exhaust with a factory tank run to the bumper.

Only issue I'm having and you seem to have way more clearance is that my leafs sometimes touch the pipes. My car must sit lower.

because of the rear anti roll bar & mini tubs, I had to pie cut the front sections of the gas tank to snake the pipes through. The rear pipes do touch the springs, but only when it's bouncing down the highway in the trailer.

My fuel system is basically a 1/2" PU in the original sending unit, -8 hose supply, -4 hose return, racepumps mechanical fuel pump & regulator

liteweight

Welcome & Thanks for the great veiws lightweight. Beautifully done car. Letting
us see your genuine racer in pictures is much enjoyed. Share as many as you
like. We luv pictures here.

-
Back