New guy sayin' hi!

-

Twister340

Reaction score
I can't believe it's been almost 3 years since I registered here and this is only my second post. I took a couple of years off cars and concentrated on restoring/riding my vintage race snowmobiles. Now the fever has hit again and I need an A-body fix! Not sure what I'm going to end up with, but it's always fun to look for a car. Hope to be hanging around here awhile.

Welcome to the site! Old sleds are cool, my dad has some old Polaris ones that he goes on the old sled runs with here in MN. How about this wild ride?? :toothy10:

wtfbabe.jpg

Thanks guys. That is definately not your average piece of vintage iron! Gotta believe a guy could get hurt in that thing...

Thanks again for the welcome guys, I really appreciate it.:-D I do have some pics of some of my sleds. I'll post a couple for you guys.

First and foremost, my favorite sleds are Sno-Jets. They are the kind I grew up with and remember the most when going to the races,etc. They were a very strong competitor back in the day and brought many innovations to the sport that are still used today. So first up is my baby, my 72 Sno-Jet Thunder Jet racer. 340cc free air,all aircraft aluminum chassis. Only weighed 290 lbs. This sled is un-restored and ridden on the lake every chance I can. There were only 100 ever built. I'm actually fitting some new pipes on it so I just kind of stuck the 'glass back on for a quick pic.

tjet2.jpg

This pic shows some of the others. Not all of these are racers, but some are.
There is a very rare 77 Scorpion Bull Whip in the front.That sled took me a long time to find, along with a couple of Rupp racers, a 440 Skiroule, and of course more Sno-Jets. Hope you like the pics.

DSCF0772.jpg

Here's another pic of the Bull Whip on some snow. This was a factory cross country racer. Notice the second gas tank in the rear of the seat. Enjoy.

bullwhip_101.jpg

-
Back