new guy to Mopars...Austin,Tx

-

jcruz

Reaction score
just checkin' in...wanna learn as much as i can so i'll keep my mouth shut and just continue lurkin'.

sure, i've played with some buddys' old cars (mainly traditional hotrods/customs). had a '58 F100 and drove it as my daily for a year (original 292ci Y-block v8 ). it was no hotrod but i miss that sound...that smell while driving. lookin' to get back in the game and can't seem to shake my love of anything "A" body (this week its '67-'69 Barracuda fastbacks!). my brother's '70 Charger project doesn't help me shake this bug, either.

took me a while to find ya'll...now i think i'm hooked.

thanks guys...great site!
//jcruz

Howdy, fellow Texian. There are a few of us here.
I am up in Troy, just north of Temple, on IH-35. If you've been up to Dallas, then you've driven right through our cozy little spot on the highway. Of course, if you blinked, you could have missed it.

Do you have a project, or are you just looking for one to get back in the game? My son drives a '74 Dart Sport we recently rebuilt for his first car. Then, he bought a '74 Gold Duster on his own that I am helping him with to get ready to head to Texas A&M next fall. I know what you mean about the Barracudas. I've got the hots for a '69 fastback basketcase I found about four years ago in a briar thicket. Hope it's still there when I get to where I can consider taking it on for a project.

Don't feel too bad about the Ford, either. I drive a 2001 Super Cab, and I have a '48 F1 in my backyard I need to start doing something with. Some of these folks here on the forum will give you a little grief about it, but they are fairly harmless.

Look at the top of your screen and find the "CHAT" link in the menu just below the title logo. That's where you will find a few of us late in the evening discussing whatever (sometimes cars.) Drop in and introduce yourself.

Welcome to the board,
Jerry

p.s. - By the way, I checked your occupation in your user profile. I love the "TPS report" Admin. How many folks do you think will get it?

Welcome jcruz!! Hope you find your next A bodie soon.
I had a 64 292 short bed auto truck for two weeks and then sold it for a
big profit, I could not believe how fast that truck was.
Took it to our drag strip and won first place in my pure stock class.
Sold it to a man at the track the following week end and turned 700.00
dollars into 1.800 dollars. I believe I paid my wifes dentist bill off and put new tires on 73 challenger.
Glad you jumped in and like the site.
May an A bodie show up for you soon.

Welcome to the site, I'm just down the street from you in San Marcos.
I'm working on my first a-body, 72 Dart. What is it about them early cudas, they really grow on ya, I've almost got my complete drivetrain finished for the Dart but thinking about another body for it and use the Dart for daily driver.
Welcome again and God Bless
Bruce

Welcome to the site! I am just east in Elgin. I have a 66 Barracuda project car and will soon be getting rid of a 73 Dart parts car.

Welcome to here.

There are more of us on here than I thought.

I am in San Antonio. I just sold my Darts but am hanging on to my Duster and picking up the Wife an 66 Dart tomorrow (maybe) for a new track car project.

-
Back