New guy to this site 68 Hemi Dart

-

4spdhemidart

Reaction score
Great site. Came across this site while looking for something totaly unrelated. Thought I would share a few pics and details about my 68 Hemi Dart clone.
Pro built 472 Hemi, 680 dyno HP, 410 Dana, Passion 4 speed overdrive. Just completed all the mechanicals and now it is out for paint. Will have it back and ready to go for the cruise season this spring.

Let me know what you think.

Picture 045.jpg

Picture 054.jpg

Picture 071.jpg

Picture 072.jpg

Picture 078.jpg

Picture 084.jpg

Picture 085.jpg

Picture 100.jpg

Picture 090.jpg

Picture 110.jpg

Welcome nice ride, what kinda 1/4 times you think she will do?

What color ya going with?

Have not been to the track yet so no idea of the times. I suspect 11's thought.

Right now color will be grey primer on the body and black on the fiberglass fenders and hood...like the SS Darts coming from the factory...after that who knows...one day I will see the right color.

Very nice, welcome to the site. It looks like you have all of the mechanical done. The steering and brakes are really tight in there, wow! I like your house too.........early 1900`s?

Welcome, And might I say that is one heck of a dart, Congratulations.:rock:
You have found the best of the best site's out there.
And I hope you hang around and keep us updated.

I want one just like it:angel9:

welcome aboard,come visit in the chat room
Here is another HEMI but not mine, just one at a local car show
2007-08-12007.jpg

The fine print on the firewall says "It's not miles per gallon it's smiles per gallon.

SWEEEEETTTT!!! Are you going to "butcher" up the rear wheel wells? I know how hard it is to find the right color for these...if you go retro to match an origional in race trim, most of the combo's are enough to gag you...unless you are into lace-trim over-lay...

Dead End Kid,

If you look closely you will see that the wheel wells have already been "butchered," as a matter of fact the wheel wells were made with a template we traced off a real Hemi Dart. NO, no lace paint job just primer for now and I am toying with the idea of painting it in the same shade of pedestrian white that it left the factory wearing. Maybe the kids with the tuners won't see it coming (LOL).....they will hear it though (LOL).

...hear it...feel it...smell it...and they still will be to stupid to realize that they've brought a knife to a gun fight...Now that I think about it, this wouldn't be a gun fight...this would be their Aramagedon...But then again as I tell my own kids - "you're young and stupid; don't abuse the privlidge."

As far as the wheel wells-my bad...but then again as with the whole car, you have done such a great job it looks like it came that way.

Wow. Just... wow. :headbang:
Ditto...

A dream A-body. She'd be a little more stock appearing (hood) if mine but still... NICE!

You just don't get much more extreme sleeper then this.

Wow, nice! I would think with that HP, you should be well under 11's with that car. The real ones were much faster than that and you're putting out a LOT more power than the original hemis.

Great looking Dart. I also have a 68 Dart in progress, but not with a hemi. Would love to though. Where in Wisconsin are you from? I'm from Wisconsin as well. Name is Gary, I'm from Kiel. Welcome to the site, great guys and lots of good info. Email me your Email address and we could exchange notes.
68 Rat [email protected]

-
Back