New guy with 1969 Dart GTS project.

-

trikchop

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just wanted say hi!
Ive been lurking here a while trying to learn the ins/outs of the a-body platform and checking out all of your builds and opinions.

The car- 1969 dart gts- originally from factory 383 4 speed, manual drums, small bolt pattern, bucket seats without a center console.

Current condition-- car is remarkably straight with zero rust, needs paint, interior needs to be replaced, what is there is cracked and moldy.
Car has no engine, a 727 hanging in it, and a 8-3/4 with a spool in it. fats and skinny's on centerline wheels.

Goal for car-- Id like to have a 5 passenger vehicle that i can take to cruises and shows locally, does a sub 2:30:00 around Sebring, and is nice to look at.

Story of car-- MY dad and his best buddy Bruce went to test drive the car in 1971 in Orlando. Dad told Bruce if he didn't buy it he would, Bruce had the car till the late 70's
then sold it to my father. Not too long after that Bruce died of Hodgkins lymphoma. Needless to say, the car is special to us. Growing up I rode in the car, Dad would bust everyone's asses with it on the way to
cruises and gatherings, A big block 4 speed dart was no joke on the street in the 80's. He lost his *** and almost the car in the late 80s and He got it back in 1996. It was never registered, but he took it to the
dragstrip a bit, had a couple of different rb's in it. I even got to make an 11.53 pass in it back in 2003.(was my fastest pass at the time) In 2008 it got parked in his barn and had sat there till earlier this year.
He always promised to bequeath it to me but I convinced him he didn't need to wait that long.

I hope to be able to really start digging into this project before the end of the year and have a goal of being able to start driving the car some in 2025.

Current plan-
mini tub kit-
subframe connectors-
alterkation front end-
18" wheels 315f 335r
good brakes-
gen3 6.4/tkx-
factoryish interior.
IMG_2745.jpg

IMG_2743.jpg

-
Back