New guy with a 440 swap

-
Saying you cheaped out is kind of a relative (and in my opinion inaccurate) statement here...I don't call $525 cheap, but it is inexpensive for a quality set that fits correctly--at least you know they'll work.

True. haha. But what i meant was i didnt spend the extra coin on the coated headers.

Got a couple coats of paint on the motor, decided to set it in and level it up. Didnt need to shim or anything, couldnt believe it was perfect!

So, torqued down the motor mounts to block and then pulled it back out. Thought i would see how the headers fit.

Happy to say the money was worth it for these headers!! They fit perfect!

And, got my new Mopar Performance Valve covers and breather in...

Glad to see everything fits good. Did you look into the Schumacher torque strap? It will also fit nice and they do work good.

Attachments

• 55.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 397
Glad to see everything fits good. Did you look into the Schumacher torque strap? It will also fit nice and they do work good.
I second the torque strap! If you have a stock K member it will work great! I don't so that is why I went with the fox Mustang one from Summit Racing

I have a Hurst Pro-matic 2 got off ebay brand new for $120 shipped

Awesome thanks! Ill look into that! Did you just buy a kickdown kit then??

I have, and will probably order one. Looks like a great piece.

Thank you!!

Well guys with the holiday weekend I was able to get some work done on the duster! Its pretty close now! I need to order some fittings and -6an hose for my trans as well as a trans cooler. Need to extend my distributer wire to reach the dizzy up front, and some other small things and i can fire it. It turns over so thats a good sign haha.

Ordered everything for my trans, cooler lines and fittings. Also scored a hurst promatic 2 shifter for $120 shipped new.

All my parts showed up! Got the -6an trans cooler lines made. Mounted the pro-matic 2 shifter and brackets on the trans. Just need to finish mounting the trans cooler and button the the shifter cable, fill the trans and possibly first start!!

Well, got a lot done this weekend! Got my trans cooler mounted and lines ran. Installed my hurst pro-matic 2 shifter and cable. Got the power-steering belt and alternator belt installed. Filled trans up, filled coolant.

And, It runs!! Fired right up, and doesn't sound too bad with open headers haha!

[ame]http://vid81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/450rrider06/D6D24EEB-D824-4F8E-B1B7-6D0B845350F2_zps24dshu4s.mp4[/ame]

Forgot to post up some pics of the shifter, it turned out pretty decent.

After running the motor for a little bit, had a couple leaks. 2 of which were the bottom 2 bolts on the drivers side valve cover, easy fix.

Then I noticed one of my fittings for the trans cooler was leaking at the trans. Also found the shifter shaft seal leaking, as well as the neutral safety switch. Got a new shifter shaft seal installed and cleaned up the neutral safety switch. Hopefully that will take care of my leaks.

Heres the 72 I was originally gonna big block swap. After getting it to the shop I found it was just too far gone. Which sucks cause I really like the 70-72 dusters.

And heres the reason why Mopars are life for my family, haha. My dad has had this car since around 1975. 70 Super Bee 440 6pack car

Hey sorry for the delay! Yes that is who I got my Pro-matic through! Looks good!

I painted the chrome part (where the shift indicator is) semigloss black, cause if the sun hit's it just right it's going to blind you haha

Hey sorry for the delay! Yes that is who I got my Pro-matic through! Looks good!

I painted the chrome part (where the shift indicator is) semigloss black, cause if the sun hit's it just right it's going to blind you haha

haha no big deal. I ended up finding it. I honestly thought it was a scam at first because of how cheap it was haha.

Been a while since I updated. Finally got a 8 3/4 in the car, and scored a 489case posi center.

I didn't end up using the 8 3/4 I picked up. My dad had what I think is an early b-body and I decided it would be easier to make work. So I cut off the old spring perches and moved them in. (yes we took care of the grove the torch left.)

Then we scored a 489 case posi center section locally. I had a driveshaft laying around so took measurements and had it cut down.

Just need to get some new spring pads and u-bolts. Rebuild the rear brakes, and its mobile again.

-
Back