New Guy with a 440

-

Big_Schitt

'71 440 Demon
Reaction score
Hello!

Figure the thing to do is introduce myself. I'm in my mid 30s currently living in Lubbock, Texas. I have had my '71 Demon since ~2006 and have been slowly getting it where I want it.

After having twins and years of little progress I have motivated myself with the goal of joining the 2016 power tour with some friends. Pics below are from right before my twins were born. I had just finished rebuilding the rear end including suspension.

[PHOTOS REMOVED BY STAFF -- THEY WERE WAY TOO BIG]

Little about the car:
Originally 318, Automatic
Engine: 1977 440, casting 4006630-440-7, solid mounted
Transmission: 727
Gears: 3.73
Rear End: 2070-741 Sure Grip
Tachometer: Sunpro SST802R 3-3/8" Retro Super Tachometer
Carb: Speed Demon 1402020VE 750 CFM

Welcome -- 440 in a A-Body. --
icon14.gif
--

Welcome neighbor! We still have a pretty big Mopar Club in A town so come on up sometime! Check in with Mopar Shakers of the PLains on FB for details.

Welcome neighbor! We still have a pretty big Mopar Club in A town so come on up sometime! Check in with Mopar Shakers of the PLains on FB for details.

Thanks! It looks like the Mopar club in Lubbock died.... A friend here with some nice mopars just recomended yesterday that I try to meet up with you guys.

Thanks! It looks like the Mopar club in Lubbock died.... A friend here with some nice mopars just recomended yesterday that I try to meet up with you guys.

Yeah we had a shake up last year due to some issues with the state and our annual event in Palo Duro Canyon etc. So it is no longer Amarillo Area Mopars but they still pulled together a good show at Thompson Park last October.

-
Back