New Guy With An Old Duster

-
My Ram is a 98 quad cab as well, and thankfully has the older style Cummins that gets 21.5 mpg on the highway. I love the look of the Dodge trucks of that generation. The new ones, not so much.

My best friend has the same identical truck with the Cummins diesel. He now drives a $400 minivan because he can't afford the $2, 000 fuel pump or something like that...

The modules could be some type of distributor spark retard or delay. That metal relay may be related to the seat belt system. In 1974, the feds mandated a seat belt/starter interlock system where the car would NOT start if weight was detected in the front seats without having the seat belts fastened. Maybe that spilled over into the '75 model ?

Maybe that spilled over into the '75 model ?

It absolutely did. That system drove me nuts for the first few weeks that I owned the car. A buzzer would sound and a light would turn on in the instrument panel(in one of those little round circles on the lower left) that said FASTEN SEAT BELT. Then I cut the leads off the pressure switch in the seat and twisted their ends together. From then on as far as the car knew I was always wearing my seat belt. The leads are still twisted together under the seat just as I left them at seventeen.

Last edited:
Welcome, tanker. Nice ride. I envy you. You can go to Primanti Brothers any time you want.
I've seen those around but never stopped. If they're good enough for you to mention this way perhaps I need to give them a try. Thanks for the tip.

Last edited:
I've seen those around but never stopped. If they're good enough for you to mention this way perhaps I need to give them a try. Thanks for the tip.
For those of you who do not know, Primanti Brothers is a sandwich shop that serves incredible sandwiches. They have been shown on several TV shows on Food Network and the Travel Channel. They serve big sandwiches with lots of meat, then heap on cole slaw and French fries. They are great. It started out as a single shop serving sandwiches to working guys (steel mills?) who didn't have a lot of time to eat, so everything was piled on. Look them up on line. The sandwiches are better than they look. There s one in the Pittsburg airport. I heard that some people actually fly into the airport just to get a sandwich.

Another quick update and another question. Back in the mid 80's the car was rear ended while sitting at a red light. The only damage I could see at the time was a depression in the rubber strips on the bumper guards, and since I was in a hurry I didn't ask for the other guys insurance. In truth I felt sorry for him. His van was so badly damaged it was no longer drivable. Later on I noticed that the metal bumper guards had actually been damaged, but it was minor so I let it go. The left guard is now so badly corroded that I had to replace it. The part arrived this weekend and I test fit it today. It looks fine, but I'd like to get the other side replaced as well and I'm wondering if these are were made as left side and rite side or are they the same part on both sides. In looking the part over it appears to be symmetrical, so I'm thinking one part fits either side

Duster 8.jpg

Duster 9.jpg

-
Back