New guy with no car

-

GIJoe4500

Reaction score
Howdy! I'm Brandon. I live just outside of San Antonio, TX. I'm an eddy current and ultrasonic thickness testing technician. I work in nuclear power plants and on ships. I currently don't have an A-body, or any MOPAR for that matter. I'm lookin' into pickin' up a 1971ish Dart in the next couple of months, if I can the car that speaks to me! I wanted to drop in 440, but the more I've read stuff that you guys have posted, somethin' along the lines of a 360 stroked to a 408 would be better for my plans. I'm not lookin' for a 9-second car, or anything, but I would like to have a quick car. Somethin' that launches good, has a nice rumble, but still be able to run on pump gas. The 93 octane, of course. I'd also be lookin' into improving the suspension. Aside from the super obvious things, such as sway bars, is there any companies that make suspension setups they are worth the pennies you gotta drop on them? Maybe P-S-T or somethin'?

Thanks for the info, and advice. I'm sure I'll be reading alot on here!

-Brandon

I forgot to add, I'm usually available to chat, or B.S. with on AIM or YahooIM at GIJoe4500.

it usually gets pretty full@8 pm est,and lots of smart folks in there with lots of tech info.You might even have something to offer yourself,in the lines of tech info.

You have come to the right place. There are a lot of great people on this site and they are only too willing to help with any questions. I know they have helped me immeasurably.

Thanks for the welcome! I've got my eye on a 1971 Dodge Dart Swinger for $900 right now, that has a /6 and an auto in it. Guy will also through in a 360 and the k-frame for the 360 for not too much more. Hopefully, I'll be pickin' up that car VERY soon!

Welcome fellow Texan, I put a link in your other post about the car show swap meet coming up on the 18th. put on by the Moparmuscleclub of SA, went last year is was pretty good.
Bruce

I'll second the previous reply about reillymotorsports (RMS). My club used the RMS AlterKtion front and Street Lynx rear suspension setups on the project car we built and raffled off earlier this year. Check out photos of the '68 Valiant on our club website www.inlandmoparscarclub.com. The Valiant handled great and had tons of room for headers without the torsion bars in the way.

Welcome!!! Hopefully you will land that 71 Swinger youve got your eye on. Depending on the condition of the front end and the amount of time you want to put into it you could save some $ (well actually A LOT of $) and redo the existing with some minor mods. Especially if you plan on pulling the old motor and K. That will make the job that much easier. Regardless good luck and again, welcome!!!

Its out there some where :cheers:
Just keep us updated and enjoy this great site.
Happy hunting Brandon:happy10:
We have the best of the best tec's
and some great folks too.:cheers:

welcome to the site. You are in a good area to get a fairly rust free project. The dart you showed is a good starting point and a pretty good price too. Not to mention you can get a 360 and the kmember for for not too much more. You come to the right place for all your assistance needs. Good luck and keep us posted!

-
Back