New guy with questions already...

-

kb72wa

Reaction score
Howdy. Have a 66 Barracuda project. Its what I call my shinny turd. It looks sharp, but needs everything redone. Already rebuilt front end with QA1 tubular parts. Oversized torsion bars, new real leafs. Pulling the motor soon (original 273) and getting a 360LA started. Going to convert from auto to a Tremec. Rewire. So I have my hands full.

My first question is this. I have Willwood power (fronts only) brakes with a single bowl master cylinder. They are way to touchy and the brake booster interferes with my valve covers to the point I have to dent them to get them on. Anyone go from power to manual? And is there a kit that would convert it to a 2 bowl manual set up or a supplier that would have the parts that someone would recommend?

Thanks for having me!

Kris

s-l1600.jpg

Need pictures of the current situation underhood... If you are going to drive this car on a regular basis, then I would suggest that you ditch the unsafe single pot master cylinder. Given your front end work I presume you are not going for an all original build.

Need pictures of the current situation underhood... If you are going to drive this car on a regular basis, then I would suggest that you ditch the unsafe single pot master cylinder. Given your front end work I presume you are not going for an all original build.
Not worried about stock.. Its a mod. Here is the current master set up. And yes, I want that single bowl gone. Looking for a kit to take it to manual brakes.

masterCyl.jpg

Damn, whose headers are those?!?!?

Is there a big bracket behind the power brake booster? Usually A-body reservoirs are long and not very big around, and there is a bracket between the firewall and the brake booster that lifts the whole assembly up and toward the front of the car (see second picture below). You will get a lot more solutions to your questions if you go to the forum that includes brakes and repost your questions and the picture. You could also post it in the early A-body forum. Lots of folks on FABO have updated their master cylinders to two pot ones. You will need a new master cylinder, a brake distribution valve and maybe a separate proportioning valve and maybe new brake lines. I bet you are right, somebody must have a kit to do this...

DSC03826.JPG

DSC03827.JPG

DSC04948.JPG

Damn, whose headers are those?!?!?

Is there a big bracket behind the power brake booster? Usually A-body reservoirs are long and not very big around, and there is a bracket between the firewall and the brake booster that lifts the whole assembly up and toward the front of the car (see second picture below). You will get a lot more solutions to your questions if you go to the forum that includes brakes and repost your questions and the picture. You could also post it in the early A-body forum. Lots of folks on FABO have updated their master cylinders to two pot ones. You will need a new master cylinder, a brake distribution valve and maybe a separate proportioning valve and maybe new brake lines. I bet you are right, somebody must have a kit to do this...

View attachment 1716157235

View attachment 1716157236

View attachment 1716157237
Havent figured out who makes my headers but they are a major PIA. I have to remove the steering collumn to get them out. I do have the same bracket set up as you that moves it forward and up. I may scrap the whole set up as I am contemplating putting a 5.7L Hemi in it right now.

-
Back