New Guy!!

-

Johnny Dart

Reaction score
Hello,
New to the site.
I am the proud owner of two Darts.One is a 65 Dart factory Hurst 4spd (pistol grip),which I have had for about 10 yrs.It has a Hopped up slant 6 with a Clifford 4bbl intake,Clifford headers,Edel 500,Shaved head,big valves,Mopar purple camel,ectronic ign.71 Dart Kelsey hayes disc up front,with 3.55 gear in the back.This car is a hoot to drive,and will suprise you if you take it lightly.

My other Dart I just got.1970 Dodge Dart Swinger 318.Front disc,8 3/4 rear.I have always liked this body style,and also have had the V8 bug for a while.I will post some pics of the Swinger when I can.My plan with this car is to paint it and throw some rims and tires on and drive it for a while.When I get some room in the garage for 2 cars I will do a full 340/360 resto.

Well thats about it.Thanks for the wonderful site!!!!

John

077_77.JPG

081_81.JPG

Very cool! Love the color. (am a little biased) Have you ran it down the track?

Looks like desert type shrubs and stuff. Where are you located?

Tim

Johnny Dart said:
Hello,
New to the site.
I am the proud owner of two Darts.One is a 65 Dart factory Hurst 4spd (pistol grip),which I have had for about 10 yrs.It has a Hopped up slant 6 with a Clifford 4bbl intake,Clifford headers,Edel 500,Shaved head,big valves,Mopar purple camel,ectronic ign.71 Dart Kelsey hayes disc up front,with 3.55 gear in the back.This car is a hoot to drive,and will suprise you if you take it lightly.

My other Dart I just got.1970 Dodge Dart Swinger 318.Front disc,8 3/4 rear.I have always liked this body style,and also have had the V8 bug for a while.I will post some pics of the Swinger when I can.My plan with this car is to paint it and throw some rims and tires on and drive it for a while.When I get some room in the garage for 2 cars I will do a full 340/360 resto.

Well thats about it.Thanks for the wonderful site!!!!

John

I have to say this is the coolest 65 Dart I have ever seen.

My dad had a 64 Gart GT in 64 and I loved that /6 with the push button tranny.

Welcome aboard. Nice engine bay shot.

Wow, very cool. I like the color combo with the black wheels.
And Welcome to a cool A body site!

Wow thanks for all the wonderful comments!!!!!
The 65 has been a blast building/driving through the years,but now the attention will go to the 70 Dart.So I will be asking lots of V8 questions.

From the looks of it we have some drag racers on the site!!!!

Tim:I have never had it to the strip so I couldnt tell you anything about times.I just mostly shoot around town or go on cruises with a local car club I'm in.

I am located 40 miles north of LA in Cal.We are in a way considered a desert.We have lots of rolling hills,with lots of oak trees.This shot was taken up at the local college.

Thanks again for the compliments.
Take care.
John

Have you ever entered the 65 in a car show at Norwalk square.
Oldvart,Jimmyboy I want one just like it!!
Johnny dart welcome and injoy yourself here at FABO.
memike in northeast Arkansas

That's a very nice looking mo-chine. One question, did you add those engine compartment support bars from the cowl to the inner fenders? I've never seen them on an early A body before.

Mike, keep looking and I'm sure we'll eventually find you a nice one. :)

Johnny, That is one nice looking dart, I too love the wheel and paint combo! I think you may be on to something with those support bars in the engine bay. Welcome to the site.

There are alot of folks on here with tons of mopar knowledge!! They haved helped me out WAY TOO MANY TIMES :) :) Have fun with the new build.

Thank you guys!!!!!

The supports are out of a later(73-75)Dart or Duster.I cant remember,but definately were out of a chrysler car at the junk yard.Don't know if they do anything,but Ma-Mopar made them for a reason.

The car also has trick alum strut rods, 383 torsion bars,with KYB's at all 4 corners.The car has also been lowered about 1" in the back with adjustable front perch hangers.I bought them from Jegs.The front was lowered accordingly by adjusting the torsion bars.Got to admit the car turned out pretty cool.

Thanks again!!!!
John

-
Back