New guy!

-

superdart360

Reaction score
Hello all, My name is Larry. I have just aquired a 71 dodge dart and thought it was time to join the A-bodies only club! My father in law has been on here for a while (greendart72). We just got finished building his 318 and now on to the new project.

I picked up the dart for 1250.00 here are the details of what I got.
- 92' 360 rollercam engine w/ 64k +/- miles
- Eddlebrock LD4B intake
- Eddlebrock 600 cfm carb w/ fresh rebuild
- Headers
- Schumaker engine mounts
- Custom 2 1/2" exhaust through purple hornies mufflers
- 8 1/4 rear end w/ 2.89 gears
- Disc brakes
- 11" drums in the rear
- New master cylinder
- 308 heads
- fresh carpet
- non-original bucket seats
- original rallye's w/ out trim rings or centers

Had to trailer it home because it would not run. Found out next day wires had been crossed. Put new cap, rotor, coil, plugs and it started right up and sounded great. Just orderd some aftermarket dart swinger hood scoops, some fancy aluminum spark plug wire looms. And picking up a new set of black bucket seats tomorrow.

Current pictures of the car. I know my father in law has posted some things about it, but here it is anyways.

1973dodgedartmotorMedium.jpg
1973dodgedartMedium.jpg

So keep watching for updates.
superdart360

Welcome Larry!
You have a great father in law count your blessings. :headbang:
I have seen his post's here and you have a great car.
superdart360 !!! Cool. :thumbup:
That car would have cost me allot more if I found it.
Because I would have gave 2.500 for it.
Keep us updated on your next move,
and jump in and enjoy this great site :salute:

TRADEMARK INFRINGEMENT!!!!!

LOL!!!!!

Welcome to the boards!!!:headbang:

Great to see you aboard! love it when it's a family thing! good lookin project ya got there, great deal too....keep us up to date on how it progresses...lotsa pics!

what kind of rims are those?also what size of tires and backspacing on them i want rims for my 71 dart just dont know what will fit i would like 17s though but thanks for any info.

Front tires are 225 / 45ZR 17
Rear tires are 255 / 45ZR 18

Rims are 5-4.5 American Racing Torq Lite Pilished
Fronts 17x8 Medium offset
Rears 18x8 Medium offset

I can tell you that this is the max that could fit as the front tire clears the fender by about 1/16th of a inch when turning. And the space between the fender and tire on the rear is about 1/4 inch and about 1/2 inch from leaf spring. The added Height on the back gave me a better rake to the car and better header clearance with out cranking up the front end!

Let me know if you have any other questions.

-
Back