New Guys.1967 Formula S Fastback

-

1967formulaS

Reaction score
Hi Guys & Girls ,
My name is Jason , i'm From Australia and new to this site and would just like to say that this is an amazing forum.
I've been into Mopars all my life. My dad used to carry us kids around in a 68 Plymouth Fury 111 4 door hardtop 383. They call the Dodge Phoenix over here and I still have it. Anyway cut a long story short , I am trying to track down the history of the Car I am about to purchase. Its a 67 Fastback barracuda Formula S with VIN: BH29H72295469, it was mentioned on this site 1-2 years ago and the car is over here now.
There is no Data tag on the inner guard in the engine bay but I am currently in the process of getting the IBM creticard and possibly another made from Galen Govier's company. here is the link to the discussion if someone remembers.
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/archive/index.php/t-160197.html

It has the inner fenders cut for open headers so I am assuming it would have been racing. Is there anyway to check where and when it raced with a VIN number?
I have tracked an advert for the car back in Utah but if anyone else can help that would be great. ill try and post some pics of what it used to look like with its 80's paint and now.
Thanks for reading and any feedback is appreciated.

Attachments

• 67.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 218
  • $T2eC16FHJHQFFhnqhzI,BRgKSEHspQ~~60_14.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 210
Welcome aboard!! Glad it made its voyage safe n sound. Dad has a 67 "S" and I have a 69 "S"...sorry I cant help with your questions

Welcome aboard! Jason for a 67 the ibm card from Chrysler historical will give you all options the car had as well as the selling dealer. Including that it is a H-code "383" 4-speed 67 Formula-S Barracuda!

Here is the non archived thread with pictures. http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=160197

try sending ben a PM and see if he can give you any information. he hasn't logged on in a year, but worth a try, as it might send him an email that he has a pm. here is his profile. http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/member.php?u=18098

The first thing i need to sort out with the car is.
1. Ceramic coated headers, interfere with 4 speed mechanism. Try and find something that fits like originals or keep the headers and install the hydraulic clutch kit that is included.

put the fenderwell headers back in it. Pay the piper for the left factory manifold as the right side HP manifold is easier to get.

Sorry rocky i'm not sure I follow. Are you saying to get the Left hand side header custom made or install the drag style headers back in. ( unfortunately they don't come with the car and are long gone)
Attached is a picture of the Ceramic coated ones that are currently on it.

Attachments

• $T2eC16RHJGEFFm44EMeJBRgKUCbNRg~~60_57.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 204
put fenderwell headers back in it, it's already cut so not like your doing anything to the car but making it easier to work on. Or find some factory 383 a-body exhaust manifolds. The left side is the hard one to find.

Yeah good point.. they would look pretty awesome but it needs to be backed up by awesome power as well. Its kind of like a stock 318 car with a hemi 4 pin lift off hood. looks great but no functionality.
I'm not sure if they are legal over here for street use, Unless I can prove it was a factory option. ( I'm pretty sure it wasn't). I see summit racing make them for around $750 for ceramic coated ones.

back in the day that is all we had and why many are cut like yours. just run new front pipes with them. They shouldn't be anymore illegal then a regular header.
I was getting 12.90's from a bone stock 383 4-bbl in my 69 dart with fenderwell headers and 4.30's.

there are a couple threads on the conversion RB/Hemi heads.
Seemed they apparently some rocker geometry issues and had mixed reviews about them.

Hi Guys. Just an update.
I caught a flight down to Melbourne to have a look at the Barracuda. When I walked in it was Mopar heaven. He had a 70 Go Mango Challenger, a 1970 Plumb crazy super bee , the barracuda and a 70 GTO Judge ( ok its not a mopar but still cool) anyway the car was not as good as it seemed so I am in negotiations on the price as it would require at least another 8,000 to get it on the road. ill keep you all posted and thanks for your warm welcome. If it wasn't a Formula S ,I wouldn't even think about buying it.
:thumbup:

Yeah good point.. they would look pretty awesome but it needs to be backed up by awesome power as well. Its kind of like a stock 318 car with a hemi 4 pin lift off hood. looks great but no functionality.
I'm not sure if they are legal over here for street use, Unless I can prove it was a factory option. ( I'm pretty sure it wasn't). I see summit racing make them for around $750 for ceramic coated ones.

You could replace your inner fenderwells as AMD (I think) is repro'ing them now. Then you could use factory manifolds and have the original look back.

-
Back