New Headers Installation

-

royalbull73

Reaction score
Couple of questions here. First question is will I have to remove the tie rods from my 72 Demon to install my new long tube Doug's headers? I am hoping that I can just lay them inside, tie them in place and lower the motor back in? The engine is currently out of the car, I have manual steering, and no power brakes. 2nd question, it is a 4-speed so will I need to modify my clutch linkage or purchase the Z-bar that TTI sells to clear the new headers?

Thanks for taking the time to help.

Yes you can do that. If coated, leave them in the plastic bags.

Z bar, maybe, maybe not. Not hard to bend the one you have if need be.

I usually put the headers in after the motor, it's just part of my one man routine, I'm pretty sure you could install the driver's side header first, to give you wiggle room, and the passenger side practically falls in from the bottom.
The Z-bar is a simple mod, just make sure to re-weld the lever in the correct "clock" - or clutch adjustment problems will follow.
The bottom of the "clutch" lever should end up between the 2 top tubes .
Good luck . .

Attachments

• TTI Header Install.pdf
    284.4 KB · Views: 67
  • Zbar_sheet340ZB.pdf
    201.1 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Yes you can do that. If coated, leave them in the plastic bags.

Z bar, maybe, maybe not. Not hard to bend the one you have if need be.
Thank you for the reply. They are coated and that's a great reminder to leave them in the plastic bags until I am ready to hook them up.

I usually put the headers in after the motor, it's just part of my one man routine, I'm pretty sure you could install the driver's side header first, to give you wiggle room, and the passenger side practically falls in from the bottom.
The Z-bar is a simple mod, just make sure to re-weld the lever in the correct "clock" - or clutch adjustment problems will follow.
The bottom of the "clutch" lever should end up between the 2 top tubes .
Good luck . .
Thank you sir for replying.

-
Back