New Hemi - Tooling

-

bizjetmech

Reaction score
Had to get a new engine for my 2015 Challenger R/T (found out it makes a better car than a submarine, but I digress..........). Engine had 6500 miles on it at the time of incident. It doesn't appear like this engine was even broken in yet, because the new engine (from Mopar Parts division) is definitely "looser" and makes more power

Anyhoo, I bought my original/core engine from the shop for the $750 core charge. In process of disassembly, damage may be limited to a bent rod or two (I'd never be lucky enough to just need honing and rings only). Bores still have cross hatching, look pretty good other than a couple of rusted spots in a couple of the bores. Even the spark plugs look decent. Won't know for sure until I can turn the engine over on the stand.

Which is what my issue is. At the point where I need to turn the motor thru by hand. Crank snout doesn't appear to have any threads. I suppose I could put a couple of short bolts in the flywheel/flexplate flange, but would prefer not to do that. From the looks of it, it appears that I'll need to find a socket/spanner that fits over the crank splines for the oil pump. Any (inexpensive) source for such a beast? Or any source at all?

-
Back