New here,but not to Mopars

-

moparclown

Reaction score
Hi All
My name is Doug and I am from Connecticut.I have owned my 69 fastback for 14 years.Its not a show car,but a very fast fun car that I take to a few shows a year.I also have a 71 340 Cuda project,92 Iroc Daytona(everyday driver)and right now I have a 69 fastback parts car.

100_8614.JPG

100_8655.JPG

100_8609.JPG

100_8331.JPG

Hi Doug.
Nice collection of Mopars ya got there.
Where in CT are you located? There are quite a few of us on here scattered around the state. I'm in the Bridgeport area.

George

Thanks Guys
I am in the Northwest corner,Canaan,CT.
Are any of you going to Vernon tomorow?

I was planning on the Vernon show. I've never been to it, but it looks like a decent show. Is there anything for kids to do there? How is the swap meet area?
If I go it will be in my truck. My car still doesn't run. Dark blue 1990 Power Ram with a bee stripe. Say hi if ya see us!

George

Welcome to FABO Doug. Looks ilke you have a nice project car there. I like your daily driver.
Mopar or No Car!!

nice to see another fastback guy here. Hey I need those grills out of that parts car you have there, let me know if you wanna come off of them

Sorry for the late welcome moparclown.
Hope you enjoy and hang around, Yes a nice collection of mopars.

Keep us updated on you projects you have going in.
Nice job on the car dolly.

Thanks for the welcome.I am still trying to figure out my way around this site.That dolley was built using an old soccor goal,and has been one of the best things I ever built.The 71 is sitting for awhile till I locate some stuff to continue on it.The 69 is gonna get a few changes done to it very shortly.
Thanks Doug

Welcome to the site and hope you enjoy it was much as I do. Lots of info and help available here

Cool collections of fish

Wecome. I like the cart too. I would pull the entire header/grilles assembly off that "parts car" and put them up somewhere.

The parts car has been stripped and the parts have been bagged and tagged and put away.The grilles will be sent out and have the outer surrounds rechromed for my car.

000_0921.JPG

The parts car has been stripped and the parts have been bagged and tagged and put away.The grilles will be sent out and have the outer surrounds rechromed for my car.
Rechromed ? Are 69 not bright annodized aluminum like 67/8 ? Maybe its a seperate piece and stainless on the outer edge but surely not chrome. Anyway... Just wait for someone the hit the front end of your driver. Let their insurance company pay dearly for replacement parts you already own.
Might be a free grille restoration in your future. Shhhh you didn't hear that from me. LOL Happy moparing Doug.

69's have a chromed pot metal surround,very hard to find a nice set with all mounting pins intact.

69's have a chromed pot metal surround,very hard to find a nice set with all mounting pins intact.
There's the proof that I've never owned a 69 :)
Now would you happen to have a 69 rallye dash with the gauge cluster removed ? If so , could I get a pic of it ?
I need to see all the differences in sheet metal cutouts for rallye dashes through 71 for a project in the works.

These are the only pics I have of the dash,I hope they help?

100_8653.JPG

100_8637.JPG

Thanks ! Now I know 68 and 9 are the same.
Always wondered if the 68 I have here was cut by previous owner (left of radio). Only 70 and 71 left to see. :)

-
Back