New here. My 68 Dart GT.

-
Not gonna do the trans brake thing. The trans was newly built along with the engine. It has all CRT internals, with billet components and a reverse manual VB.

Car is NOT a race car by any means. Nearest track now is a 7 hour drive away, so passes will be few and far between unfortunatley. And I don't have a roll bar or cage either so...............

codfish

Can appreciate where your coming from. What the heck enjoy your 10 second "street machine" for what it is - and it definitely ROCKS. Really dig it. KUDOS

Hey Gary,

Yep, waiting for spring. Your car is approaching the too nice category, as in too nice to drive. Don't tell me how much the engine put you back. That way I can remain ignorant when my small block gets done for double what I thought it would be. lol

Hi Collin.

This engine is my very first build, the RB that is. I got a smokin deal on a 75 imperial from a buddy in Estevan. That's where the 440 and 727 came from. After I pulled the engine/trans, I sold all sorts of weird parts from the imperial to help offset the price. Engine and trans ended up being free basically. Spent a couple of years waiting on deals for the parts to build it. But yeah, I know what you mean by going over budget. But hey, they're not small block chevs!

Too nice to drive, NEVER. I hope to drive the wheels off of it next summer. Racing is probably done for me, now that I finally got some 1/4 mile passes in finally. Back to the street from now on.

Good Luck with your build and post some pics.

gary

I hope to see the car at the Southey meet, well if Merv still is motivated to do it. As for myself, I 've been sourcing convertible parts for a guy (you've seen Bruce's cars at Southey) who is big on rag tops. He had that black 68ish? Barracuda rag, and last year he finished a maroon 68 383 Dart GTS clone with white stripe. Now he's doing a pink slant 6 '70 Dart for one of his daughters. He's very good at restorations and has owned upwards of 70 A-bodies over the years. I want to get him involved in my car.

I hope to revive my mother's car this spring, been in storage for over a decade. All original 68 Dart GT 273 survivor car and she is the first owner. No modding that one.

Depending on what happens health wise, I will then tackle my 72 Dart. That said, I'm being up-sold by my machinist go with the new Scat reciprocating assemblies. I hear they put the stock stuff to shame. I am also being badgered into a roller cam as the guy won't install flat tappets anymore. Something about too many failures.

I will be in touch.

Collin

what kind of power is that motor throwing out?

:scratch:

Not really sure as it was never dynoed. Heads are stock RPMs, and the cam is a mild one, with .540 lift.

Alot of guesses put it around 550-570, but they're only guesses from internet experts lol.

codfish

Hey Codfish , love your Dart and really like the stance your car has ! Have you lower'd your Dart or is sitting at the factory height ? I've mini tub'd and relocated the springs inboard in my 70' Dart . I'm going to use the 325/50-15s on 15"x10" rims like you have but I am thinking of lowering my Dart by 1-1/2" and rear diff back by 1-1/2" . Because our cars would be similar , do you think your set up would work if you were to do this ? Thanks Codfish !!! Very nice ride you there !!!

-
Back