New here. Nice site.

-

69Valiant360

Reaction score
Hey fine people.

First off, my avatar and username may be misleading. The avatar is my photochopped goal, and my plans are to have a 360 (possibly a 408 strocker) in my Valiant in the future.

With that out of the way, I have been here for a couple of days now, reading. Nice site btw. I love that this is a "For A-bodies only". While I love most all Mopars, (My brother had a '69 Superbee back in the late 80's. That car started our love for mopars. I hope to own one someday), I just can't afford the B or E bodies. So, A body it was.

I own a '69 Valiant 2dr Coupe. I have owned the car for 3 years now and the only thing I have done to it was swap the tired /6 for a strong running /6 from a duster the week I bought it, then parked it in the garage. There it sat for most of the 3 years until two weeks ago when I lost my garage space. Now it's my daily driver lol. And I love it.

Anyway, when I bought the car it already had the disc brake swap, 8 1/4 rear, (BBP all around) and electronic ignition swap. It also came with a rebuildable truck 360 and a 727 trans. The bad part is it needs front floor pans, lower quarters and several "dings" worked out. That's it. Not bad for $1500 though.

I was recently given a '78 Chrysler Cordoba with 65,000 miles and a 360. The car sat for 10 years dormant. I went out the day and got her to fire up. Guess where that motor is going? hehe.

In the coming months/years? My plan is to get that 360 out of the Doba and into the Valiant. The other 360 will most likely be for the 408 strocker. Of course that's the plan,but it will probably change again like the last three years I have owned the car.

Anyway, I am babbling and probaby borring you all.

I guess what I am saying here is, the Mopar bug as bit me again and it's time to get off my butt and get my Valiant closer to my goal. Might be difficult now without the garage now though.

Oh well. Back to reading I go.

my_valiant2.jpg

my_valiant2.jpg

my_valiant2.jpg

I hope I didn't scare people with my post above. I'm not new to Mopars, just getting back into the groove.

I have owned 2 '70 Dusters, a '71 Duster, 2 '69 Darts, 2 64 Dodge polara's, a '63 Polara, '66 Coronet 500, '67 Coronet 500 and some others I am probably forgetting.

The fun pics though.

My high school car with my newborn on the hood. (I was out of high school a couple years when this pic was taken) Note: My brothers Demon next to it.

polara41.jpg

Here is the '66 Coronet I owned then sold to my Brother 20 years ago:

66coronet1.jpg

Here it is today still owned by my Brother: (Our buddies '69 GTS 340 4-speed next to it. No, it's not for sale!)

broscar-1.jpg

I used to have many more pics but due to a HDD crash I lost them all. ALWAYS back up your data.

polara41.jpg

polara41.jpg

66coronet1.jpg

66coronet1.jpg

broscar-1.jpg

broscar-1.jpg

Welcome aboard.......it's hard to stay away from Mopars as I have
found out also. Hope you reach your goal on the Valiant!

Welcome aboard.. lots of beautiful A bods here. Don't worry about scaring people off, probably just sleeping :)

I'm sure you've seen some of the gorgeous Valiants here, and am sure some of them will be chiming in soon.

Grant

Thanks for the welcomes guys.

Yes, I have already seen a few very nice Valiants from the site members here. I also read the thread by 65s about the Valiant he and his buddy are redoing. Can't wait to see that one finished. There is alot of great info in that thread. As well as the dart thread. Watching them both with great interest.

And yes. Many great memories in those old photos I posted. I miss my '64 Dodge the most of all the cars I have owned. But strangely, this Valiant is my favorite for driving. It just seems so solid. I may not wnat to pull the /6 from her yet.

In the near future I may have some questions the closer I get to my engine swap. Right now I am rebuilding that Thermoquad on that Doba as it's just dumping gas into it. I want to make sure that thing will run alright before I pull it.

Thanks again guys. See you out in the forums.

Hay 69Valiant360 let me welcome you to this great site!!!
We have some great tec's here and some good folks too.
You have made a good choice on the 69 valiant, I like it.
Hope you hang around and enjoy

Welcome, there's a ton of info here for sure. Nice collection of Mopar's you've owned over the years, I really like that 66 Coronet in plum crazy :grin:

You did a pretty nice job on your avatar...makes me want to go work on mine some more...all I did to mine was put a white background behind my car and shrink it

Hay 69Valiant360 let me welcome you to this great site!!!
We have some great tec's here and some good folks too.
You have made a good choice on the 69 valiant, I like it.
Hope you hang around and enjoy

Thanks. I do plan on staying as long as I can.

Welcome, there's a ton of info here for sure. Nice collection of Mopar's you've owned over the years, I really like that 66 Coronet in plum crazy :grin:

Yes, I see tons of great info here for A-bodies. What a great site.

I sure wish I could have kept every Mopar I have owned, as I'm sure we all wish.

And yes, I agree,the '66 Coronet sure does look good in Plum Crazy. Thanks by the way. :smile:

You did a pretty nice job on your avatar...makes me want to go work on mine some more...all I did to mine was put a white background behind my car and shrink it

Thanks, but I'm not to great at PS. I got lucky lol. Here are some of the bigger pics to show my lack of talent lol:

valiant6.jpg

valiant2.jpg

I have a thing for F6 green for some reason.

Welcome, good to have ya...I'm just another "69" :iconbigg:

Just "another"? Your car is incredible. My '69 worships yours. One day when it grows up, it will look as good as yours.

Seriously though, you have one fine Valiant there. I LOVE it.

Thanks again guys. :thumleft:

I may have to post some questions about this Cordoba (that has been sitting for 10 years) I have that won't stay running...but I think I know the answer to it.

valiant6.jpg

valiant2.jpg

valiant6.jpg

valiant2.jpg

Welcome to the cult of A bodies. I know you will love it here.

Jeff

Welcome to the cult of A bodies. I know you will love it here.

Jeff

Thanks. I do love it here already.

As a matter of fact, my girlfriend is a smart *****. (joking of course) hehe.

She mentioned yesterday "so if you put the 360 in the Valiant that means your /6 goes where? In a Duster you are getting me?" lol

Damn. Another car to look for.

Welcome to the friendliest Mopar site around.

I'm seeing mini tubs, spring relocation, sub frame connectors, roll cage, ss springs, fuel cell, narrowed rear, for that 408 stroker you want to build.

Oh , yeah, brake out the sawzall and turn up the music.

cuda28.jpg

cuda28.jpg

cuda28.jpg

Thanks. I do love it here already.

As a matter of fact, my girlfriend is a smart *****. (joking of course) hehe.

She mentioned yesterday "so if you put the 360 in the Valiant that means your /6 goes where? In a Duster you are getting me?" lol

Damn. Another car to look for.

Damn, I think I want to meet your girlfriend, my wife is always saying that I love my Demon more than her. My wife knows me pretty good I think.

Terry

109.JPG

Thanks! :)

Welcome to the friendliest Mopar site around.

I'm seeing mini tubs, spring relocation, sub frame connectors, roll cage, ss springs, fuel cell, narrowed rear, for that 408 stroker you want to build.

Oh , yeah, brake out the sawzall and turn up the music.

Yeah, I'm seeing all that in the future too. Slowly but surely though. Nice barracuda btw. Basically your setup is what I am working towards. :)

Damn, I think I want to meet your girlfriend, my wife is always saying that I love my Demon more than her. My wife knows me pretty good I think.

Terry

My girlfriend is very understanding of my car hobby, as long as we have extra money.

I think my girlfriend isn't far off of what your wife thinks. But she decided if it's cars that I love the most she might as well join me. lol

That is too funny what you said about your wife knowing you well btw. I literally was LMAO.

BTW, your demon looks so evil in black. Possibly the best looking Demon I have seen. With the cragers and all, it's just perfect.

Can’t afford a B or E body?
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
We are trying to keep the secret: A-bodies are the better car anyway.
(I’m not joking about that though)
Especially if you actually plan on driving the fool thing.

You didn’t ask, but if that were my car, I wouldn’t change anything other than putting the steelies and dog dishes on it. It’s great. And blue isn’t even one of my better colors!

Anything other than putting the whoop *** 360 in it that is.

Great car and great to have you.

My wife is not into my car stuff at all.
She went to a couple car shows with me, but they all look the same to her.

I guess that would be the equivalent of her taking me to a sewing machine show.

They would all look the same to me and I would not want to stay long.

She does respect the fact that it is the only thing that keeps me from going insane sometimes so she loves for me to go off to shows and work on the cuda when I can.

Welcome! My wife is of the "can't beat 'em so join 'em" mentality. I picked up my 71 Scamp with plans to make it a street/strip big block car. Then I stumbled onto my dream car at a killer price (1964 Plymouth Fury 426 Max Wedge) and bought it. She said the Scamp had to go (only one hot rod could stay). I showed her some pics of a few Swingers and such that were Panther Pink and.... now I'm turning the Scamp into a Panther Pink w/ white interior hot rod with a mildly built 318 for her. She's already calling it "her lil hot rod". God I love her!

-
Back