New Here!

-

mo69

Reaction score
Hi all, im just in here, looks like a great setup you have here looking forward to checking out the site and goin through some of the posts.
I own a 74 duster, it has a 383 in it with a few mods, ive only had it a few months and its in the process of having some work done at the moment, trying to have it ready for next year to do a bit of racing.
Its got most of the mechanical work done so its just the fiddley bits that need doing now.
Its going to be a street car as we dont have a proper track here, so i have to bring it to England to run it properly (im in Ireland by the way)
I have a satellite aswell but thats just for cruisin.
I hope to learn a bit here about how to get the most out of it but it seems to run pretty well at the moment, as far as im aware it was running 12.3's last year, but was on a different motor which was a bit tired and let go soon after.
Any way just tought i'd say hello.:thumbup:

Welcome to the site. There is a lot of knowledge to be shared by a lot of these guys. As for me, not so much, but I try to help whenever I can.

MO69,

Welcome to FABO! As you are probably figuring out, there is a wealth of knowledge here and the folks are not so bad either. ;-) So how did you get into Mopars? I am always fascinated by this for those outside the US. I look forward to hearing your story. BTW: We are thinking of taking a trip over there next year. Which area do you live in? I would love some pointers/do's & dont's/must see sights, etc.

Cheers,
GTXperience

Welcome Mo69. Post some pics of your Duster when you get a chance. What kind of work does the 383 have? Mike

Glad you found us! Enjoy the site and all it has to offer, lotsa good people and advice here. :salut: your life will never be the same now, once you are hooked on this site! :evil4:

Welcome mo69!!
Glad you jumped in and said hello.
Dartnut said it right!! This is a great site and we are glad to here from
a fellow mopar man from Ireland.
Don't yall have some darn good Beer over there.:scratch:
What beer would you suggest that we get here in the states.
Well I hope you enjoy this great site.:thumbup:

Welcome!

I'm a fellow '74 Duster owner as well. /6 converted to a 340. You'll find this site to be a great source of info & entertainment.

Enjoy!

Ray

Glad to have you here! Post some pictures when you can.

Thanks for the welcome guys, to answer some of your questions, i've always loved American cars and since we never got any over here they are quite rare, i got into mopar a few years ago when i visited a race track in England called Santa Pod which was holdind the Mopar Euro nationals, at the time i was driving another brand of car but got hooked on Mopar straight away and sold my other car as soon as i got home.
I went in search of a Mopar and found a sweet 69 satellite in Kentuckey and had it shipped over, i love it to bits.
I ran the satellite this year at the nats in santa pod best time 15.8 @ 82mph, not bad for a pretty stock 318 and not too much work done.
I was then hooked on the quest for more speed so i found a nice duster with every thing i needed to get me a better time.
As far as im aware its got a 509 purple cam, built motor ,edelbrock performer rpm intake and holley carb(750 dp) has solid motor mounts and the usual other bits, msd +6 ign and a few bits like that, has 8 3/4 sure rear with 3.55 gears, trans kit and reverse shift.

Ill try post a few pics.
mo_malone

DSC00731.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC00732.jpg
[/IMG]

Just thought id drop a line to show the duster since its been done, i know its not a perfect replica but it will be finished as time goes on, not easy to get some of the parts i need over here and can be expensive to get stuff shipped from the states.

Its a 74 Duster with a rebuilt 383, has the usual bits done, but i just loved the look of these cars the first time i saw one and decided to do one myself, tried to get it close to the real thing, obviously its not a Hemi car but maybe down the road i will get one for it if funds allow (or wife allows!)

Had to keep it street legal as we dont have a strip over here and need to travel to England to run it on a strip which i will be doing next month ath the Mopar Euro Nats.

Still have a few bits left to do, needs a cage, amd want to replace the exhaust system as its a bit rough.

hoping for some 13's if possible, but just to get it on the track will be fun.

Anyway here it is, Go easy on me now i know its not perfect, but its the only one in this country and im happy with.

DSC01414.jpg
[/IMG]

mycars2.jpg
[/IMG]

-
Back