NEW HUSQVARNA WEEDEATER

-

71340Duster

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Got this to knock down the stinging nettle on my property so I remove downed trees. Sold 2 piles of wood, I'm not burning at the house so don't need. I don't know if I'll like this for sure, tried to rent one to check it out, nobody had one anymore, maybe that's a sign? I know with the large areas I have my hand held weed eater gets tiring, I'm trying to work smarter/more efficiently. Anybody used one of these, any advice/opinions positive or negative.

HUSQVARNA.JPG

Well.....and not bein smartass here..........you have the thing not us. What do YOU think?

make sure all the bolts are tight and have at it. the wheels and handle bars are the weak points. the machine will work very well and provide years of service .

Well.....and not bein smartass here..........you have the thing not us. What do YOU think?

No offense taken, just got it home tonight. Tomorrow I will know more, thanks to posts already know to watch bolt/nut tightness. My neighbor has one, not sure of the brand, he doesn't have stinging nettle, I have a lot.

Bought a new husky lawnmower last year and it's badass.
I think that'll serve you well

make sure all the bolts are tight and have at it. the wheels and handle bars are the weak points. the machine will work very well and provide years of service .

You just described a Husky for sure. :D
Those types of weed mowers work really well for larger more heavily weeded area's, but you can get them a lot cheaper than a Husqvarna.

Normally called "Brush Cutter" and/or "Walk Behind Brush Cutter"

Check this out.
Finding the Best Walk Behind Brush Cutter for the Job

Looks like it needs a tuned pipe. Less restrictive air cleaner. Remove the governor. For safety sake, look at the fan/flywheel, high RPM it could grenade. Billet is best. With more RPM you might need to change string compound. Low viscosity synthetic (less drag) oil. Run it at full tilt boogie for 2 laps. Check the plug, probably a little lean. If it's self propelled, you may want to change the rear end gears, or mow with roller blades on your feet.

Thanks for the link TrailBeast, gave me a couple of things to think about. The cc on this model is a bit higher, 163 vs. 149, think it's around 6.75 hp. Reviews I've read said they wish there was a speed control. Oddly to me, there is no choke lever or choke position on the throttle. It starts right up and you just let it run, almost sounds like it's cutting in and out but I believe that's the governor and that's the way it's supposed to "idle". I knocked down a few dandelions and ran it around my front yard a little bit, but won't know what it will do and not do until I head into the nettle and wild blackberry at my property.

I tried one of those a
Thanks for the link TrailBeast, gave me a couple of things to think about. The cc on this model is a bit higher, 163 vs. 149, think it's around 6.75 hp. Reviews I've read said they wish there was a speed control. Oddly to me, there is no choke lever or choke position on the throttle. It starts right up and you just let it run, almost sounds like it's cutting in and out but I believe that's the governor and that's the way it's supposed to "idle". I knocked down a few dandelions and ran it around my front yard a little bit, but won't know what it will do and not do until I head into the nettle and wild blackberry at my property.
I tried one of those a little smaller. It wasn`t worth messing w/ on in uneven ground. If ur using it on flat and even ground all good.

We use one at work regularly. As said, great on level ground. iffy on a slope. Damn sure wear some safety glasses, boots and long pants.. They can sling a pretty nice projectile..

I've heard about the uneven ground, I'll be trying to use it in both that and on levelish ground. There is a height adjustment, will play with that although I can see getting into a wrestling match with the machine, even though it has larger rear wheels. I've got to wear long sleeves, boots, pants etc. that frickin stinging nettle stays with you at least a day if you so much as touch it.

I've heard about the uneven ground, I'll be trying to use it in both that and on levelish ground. There is a height adjustment, will play with that although I can see getting into a wrestling match with the machine, even though it has larger rear wheels. I've got to wear long sleeves, boots, pants etc. that frickin stinging nettle stays with you at least a day if you so much as touch it.

I intentionally ran into a patch of that stuff waist deep barefoot and in shorts when I was about 8 because I made the mistake of telling my Dad he was too old to run and couldn't catch me.
It was the only way I could loose him.
I was standing out in the middle of the patch crying and my Dad was standing at the edge laughing.
He said something about swatting me for something I was doing and I made that mistake. (once)
I know stinging nettles. :D

Maybe with some longer bar/pipe, something, you can make a longer axle like 3 or 4 feet to make it more stable on rough ground.

Well, I used it a little today, chewed up everything in it's path, gave me access to the trees I was trying to section and limb. I snapped 3 of the 4 lines hitting something I couldn't see, glad I bought line with the machine. I was in some pretty rough ground, I think as I work on leveling things out this will work out fine. It did better than my chainsaw, had a leaner when falling a pretty tall alder, then got the bar pinched in the tree, bent it pretty good. Had a pretty large branch coming down on top of me, had to jump out of the way on unstable ground, kind of a close call.

IMG_2519.JPG

IMG_2517.JPG

IMG_2516.JPG

IMG_2520.JPG

-
Back