NEW INT. DOOR PANEL RUBBER WASHERS ?

-

WAYNE0

Reaction score
The guy im working on his demon for dropped off the new interior door panels. They came with a bag of rubber washers. Never seen them before. Anyone know what they are for ?

002.JPG

They go over the clip after you install them on the new door panels. They act as a cushion and an anti rattle insulator. here is a picture of one of my old door panels with them installed.

IMG_3846.JPG

Never seen them before. Before doing anything with thos clips, ask the owner if he would prefer velcro instead of thos pos clips. I used velcro on door panels and console carpet, works great.

Never seen them before. Before doing anything with thos clips, ask the owner if he would prefer velcro instead of thos pos clips. I used velcro on door panels and console carpet, works great.
the clips in that picture are not the type that he got with panels. He got the wire type

The clips in my picture are factory clips from 1968 along with the rubber washers, the replacement clips that you get now of days are the wire ones. It should not make any difference, the rubber washers will still stretch over the wire and stay in place. You really don't have to use the rubber washers, the wire clips hold the door panels in place just fine.

The clips in my picture are factory clips from 1968 along with the rubber washers, the replacement clips that you get now of days are the wire ones. It should not make any difference, the rubber washers will still stretch over the wire and stay in place. You really don't have to use the rubber washers, the wire clips hold the door panels in place just fine.
yea im use to using the wire type

-
Back