New job !

-

AdamR

Big Member
Reaction score
Well I'm finally giving up on the family bussiness. I start a new job detailing cars on friday. Seems like a cool place to work. I get about 45% on ever car I detail. I figure theres no way I can make less money then I've been making this since winter.

Sorry to hear that but, sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

I wish you the best. Good luck with it.
Would be a fun job for me!!!!

onehellofadart said:
Sorry to hear that but, sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Yeah its definitely time to move on. Its hard enough now and with child #2 on the way it wont get any easier. I cant work for nothing anymore and not have any benifits.

Good Luck Adam,
Benifits are definately a plus. Espescially medical and dental. Paying for that out of pocket is Ridiculous to say the least. I should know, I did it for about 8 months. I had to wait 6 months before I could get ins. at the last job.

I used to detail cars as a side job on my days off when I lived back in
Chicago. In the winter time it was really booming, there were 3 of us and
we had a nice wood burning stove in the garage, and everyone wanted there
rides done cause of all the salt the city would throw on the roads.
We used to do 2 of the local funeral parlors vehicles, mainly the limos,
the hearses not to often. Word of mouth worked out well, you could probably
make a little extra on the side, if you wanted too. GOOD LUCK!!

Good Luck! I have been fortunate in my career, I have always worked for company's with great benefits.

I learned early how important benefits are; I used to race motocross in my early 20's and took a savage shitter putting me in the hospital for 3 months with both legs in traction. The hospital bills were staggering and my insurance covered it all. I also had disability insurance and continued to receive a pay check for the duration. My advice to anyone job hunting the benefits should be the number one consideration.

Glad to hear about the new job, and a plus that you get benefits. I used to do detailing in my parents driveway when I was in HS. I've tried to get jobs as a detailer, but they want actual car wash experience or I am not a hot chick.

I am glad you got the benefits for your family. I can't find a job with benefits and thought about buying my own, but they are to expensive and I have some kind of fear of hospitals anyway. Last time had any benefits was when I was in the Army.

adam,
CONGRATS!!!!!!.....i know what you mean...my dad and uncle own a commercial roofing business and they have done really well for themselves and i did too but when i got married and had some kids there was NO WAY i could make it...my dad understood!!!

Good luck on the new job! I've been busy with my "sort of new" job thats why I haven't been around much. You can make some good money detailing if you're with the right shop/crew. My last job in Hawaii was detailing and my last year there I made $84K.

Well today was day 2 and so far I love it. I work with a great bunch of guys and get to drive some nice new cars. Yesterday was slow, Today was a bit better but they say its usually pretty busy. I'm getting paid by the hour right now any ways. As long long as it picks up when they start paying me by the car.

GO DART said:
good luck adam . what was your family business?

I worked for my father cutting trees. I started part time on my summer vactions raking up when I was 13 and went full time after high school. Im now 27 so I've spent over half my life doing. I've wanted to find something else for a long time but after so long its hard to move off.

Good Luck Adam. Keep that positive attitude. Change is good...

-
Back