New leafs too high, how much will they settle?

-
@cawcislo

Mancini Racing Leaf Spring Front Hanger & Hardware kits
2 holes. One standard location, the other 1" drop.
mre-leaf-spring-front-hanger-kit-3.png

Well I put 3 or 4 bundles of shingles and 160 lbs of steel plates into the trunk. So I’d say that’s gotta be 300 or 350 lbs of weight. Car is still a bit higher then when I started. The front eye bolt is loose and the rear hanger moves freely, and I loosed the ubolts, so nothing is bound up. I bounced the rear a bit, but it’s definitely stiffer then the old slant six worn out springs. I’ll leave the weight and once the snow melts I’ll drive it around for a while and see how much these springs settle and go from there.

They are Mopar performance made in Mexico springs. Sounds like they’re gonna settle a lot, which is good. I’ll,loosen everything up just to be sure and bounce it around and see if that makes any difference. I’ll report back tomorrow

DO you remember the part number? I'm trying to lift my dart up a bit. Do you have any pictures?

DO you remember the part number? I'm trying to lift my dart up a bit. Do you have any pictures?
P3412003 is the part number. What kind of springs do you have in your dart now. And when you say you want to lift it up a bit how much is a bit (1 inch, two inches)?

PICTURES!!!
Want to see where the car sits now

BY the way if you liked the car with the sagging slant six springs, why did you change them?

Got to be the Super Stock replacement leaf springs. Sit way too high and way too stiff.

Took the lower stock short leaf spring out of the '67 Dart's original stack and added the short lower Big Block leaf (about 12" long x 3/8" thick).

That put some arch back in the stock leaf stack and did not lose the nice ride in the process.

Screenshot_20220421-002752_Gallery.jpg

Here is how it sits now:

Screenshot_20220421-003124_Gallery.jpg

P3412003 is the part number. What kind of springs do you have in your dart now. And when you say you want to lift it up a bit how much is a bit (1 inch, two inches)?
I have no idea. They aren't stock. They don't look all that old and have fewer leaves than any A body I ever worked on. They came with the car. The guy I bought it from thought they were some kind of lowering spring. The top edge of the wheel is up above the quarter lip. This is the lowest dart I have ever owned. Transmission crossmember is only a couple inches off of the ground.

Got to be the Super Stock replacement leaf springs. Sit way too high and way too stiff.

Took the lower stock short leaf spring out of the '67 Dart's original stack and added the short lower Big Block leaf (about 12" long x 3/8" thick).

That put some arch back in the stock leaf stack and did not lose the nice ride in the process.

View attachment 1715911367

Here is how it sits now:

View attachment 1715911368

thats exactly what Im going for.

-
Back