Holley Retrobright vs Standard Sylvania

A77569CD-0B70-46CF-A336-42B2BC1D25FF.png

26F34F47-A0EE-4204-9EF1-FEEFA9658CA6.png

178A92DF-6B13-4F5D-BA22-C731430983BC.png

Last edited:
I sure do love my Cibie halogen conversions. lol

@crackedback
How would these jive with your kit?

Yes, they would work. If you feel the need to dump $400 into a pair of headlights. I'd buy sealed beam halogens all day long with a relay kit before those holley lights. JMO cause I'm "thrifty" .

You would be surprised at the light output of the low dollar sealed halogens and a good relay kit.

Most know my mantra... Pick your parts, pay your money.

As someone that cannot stomach paying 3-400 for a pair of headlights when i started buying headlights when they were 12 bucks.
But now im between a rock and a hard place. Night vision is not as good and there will be no choice to drive my vehicles home in the dark. Going to start with relay bypass first, but i doubt i will gain anything. Cheap led’s may be better, its a crapshoot on how long the offshore junk will last.

will look into north american stuff

if you want bright lights it's as simple as GE Night Hawks
Old info. The Night Hawks were never great headlamps, but they were the only worthy sealed beams…when they were made in America. The Chinese headlight-shaped trinkets currently being sold under that name are abjectly unsafe: dim, unfocused blotch of random light. If these sorry pieces of junk meet the minimum DOT requirements it's only just barely, and they probably don't. There are no longer any sealed beams in current production that are worth buying; if you want to stick with sealed beams, go on eBay and pick up some NOS items from long enough ago ('70s-'90s) that they were made on tooling that wasn't yet worn out.

I have a set of early LED's on my heap. Were attractive at the time as I was trying to reduce draw on my ele system, my rad fans were pulling near 30A each when they came on... headlights dimmed at idle. I did not need to modify the buckets for the install so I gave them a try. One thing I notice with all the LED's up to this point is they usually lack the focal point of a traditional headlamp... the light seems to just go out in near every direction and not as far as a halogen. You may pick up some radio noise from the early LED's as well.. I did. These new Holley units seem to have fixed the focus issues. Unsure about the radio noise. As noted... for a premium... $200 ducks a side. I can wait for a few user reviews.

As someone that cannot stomach paying 3-400 for a pair of headlights when i started buying headlights when they were 12 bucks.
But now im between a rock and a hard place. Night vision is not as good and there will be no choice to drive my vehicles home in the dark. Going to start with relay bypass first, but i doubt i will gain anything. Cheap led’s may be better, its a crapshoot on how long the offshore junk will last.

will look into north american stuff
It was hard to justify forking out the money to buy the cibie housings and bulbs for my dart. It made a huge difference and I have not regretted it since.

It was hard to justify forking out the money to buy the cibie housings and bulbs for my dart. It made a huge difference and I have not regretted it since.
Come to think of it, i may have a couple housings in a box of lights a guy gave me.

-
Back