New Long Island Race Track - Sign The Petition!

-

MB43

Reaction score
We've got a chance to bring racing back to Long Island with a Brand New Facility:
Nascar, 1/4 Mile Drag, Dirt Bike, ATV, the whole nine... WOO HOO

PLEASE PLEASE take a minute and sign this!

The Suffolk County Sports & Entertainment Park Proposal.

To be located on county land in Yaphank, featuring a 3/4 mile Nascar-type oval track, 1/4 mile drag strip, motocross and ATV parks along with entertainment venues, youth Zone and Pleasure Isle.

http://www.topgunse.com/petition.htm

More info below if you're interested

Top Gun Sports & Entertainment, is a company five years into the planning and development of professional, state-of-the-art, multi-venue motorsport and entertainment facilities. The company also intends to aggressively pursue acquisitions of motorsport and entertainment facilities and companies across the U.S. Top Gun's current project is a proposed private/public joint venture with Suffolk County on county owned land in Yaphank, Long Island, N.Y. The demographic profile of Long Island, NY makes it one of the most, if not the most, desirable areas in the country. The mid-island location is only 40 minutes east of the media and financial capitol of the world, namely, New York City and less than twenty minutes west of the ultimate playground of the rich and famous of the world, namely the Hamptons.

http://www.topgunse.com/index.htm

Done deal Mikel 8)

Just hope this happens.....

i like this part the best...........
"He's unapologetic about the lack of affordable housing for the site, located near a landfill, a minimum-security prison and a fireworks plant. "
why would anyone want to live there, sounds like a perfect place for a track, no one to complain about the noise.......rory

Hey Mike;

Hows this read for ya? It's what I stated in the "Comment" section. I think I could have done better If I wasn't up less than 20 mins. But I think it gets the point across.

Theres a need for an outlet of motor sports. With the only "Legal" place to race being the NASCAR track, this has left the many many other type of motor sports out in the streets with no outlet to safely race and enjoy there passion and past time.

To turn your back on a growing problem and to make an excuse of "English town has a motor sprot park" is a poor excuse.

English town is a bit far with the added problem of ill road ways, tolls and sometimes , for some, trailers for there car or ATV's, AND the famed traffic. It becomes easy to see why people would rather not go.

Keep the money in New York and closer to Long Island.

It was a screaming shame to watch the drag strip of Long Island Dragway to be closed from people , new to the area and those who knew the drag strip was there to be allowed to complain to the point of shuting down the track.
Afterall, they knew it was there.
Not that it could happen to any major airport in the city areas, but could you image such a thing in your head. JFK closed due to jet noise?

Read through the comments, I'm in there posting against street racing and for Top Gun.

Signed it. I've been to E-town and Maple Grove, i'll race there too.

I agree we need this track but there is no way that its going to happen with Steve Levy in office he doesnt give a rats a$$ about us, he is catering to the liberal and the media cause hes all about the 30 second sound bite on news 12. Personally I think we need more motor heads involved in a grass roots type of campaign. Just my 2 cents. I say all of the car clubs on L.I. get on board with this. (we have enough malls)

The page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

We've got a chance to bring racing back to Long Island with a Brand New Facility:
Nascar, 1/4 Mile Drag, Dirt Bike, ATV, the whole nine... WOO HOO

PLEASE PLEASE take a minute and sign this!

The Suffolk County Sports & Entertainment Park Proposal.

To be located on county land in Yaphank, featuring a 3/4 mile Nascar-type oval track, 1/4 mile drag strip, motocross and ATV parks along with entertainment venues, youth Zone and Pleasure Isle.

http://www.topgunse.com/petition.htm

More info below if you're interested

Top Gun Sports & Entertainment, is a company five years into the planning and development of professional, state-of-the-art, multi-venue motorsport and entertainment facilities. The company also intends to aggressively pursue acquisitions of motorsport and entertainment facilities and companies across the U.S. Top Gun's current project is a proposed private/public joint venture with Suffolk County on county owned land in Yaphank, Long Island, N.Y. The demographic profile of Long Island, NY makes it one of the most, if not the most, desirable areas in the country. The mid-island location is only 40 minutes east of the media and financial capitol of the world, namely, New York City and less than twenty minutes west of the ultimate playground of the rich and famous of the world, namely the Hamptons.

http://www.topgunse.com/index.htm

The page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

This thread is from 3 years ago. Top Gun is long gone, the people who are supporting a LI drag strip are all on lidragracing.com now.

-
Back