New member for A Bodies Only Mopar

-

Gregg Foster

Reaction score
Hi,
I am the recent proud new owner of a 1962 Dodge Lancer 2 door 770 which had been in storage in New Jersey for the last 25 years. I enjoyed seeing the pictures of your A body MOPARS. I am in the process of having my Lancer totally restored and it will have a new coat of the same color coded light blue paint it was born with. I also am moving the gas cap from the side of the driver side rear quarter panel to the top of the driver side quarter panel in order to eliminate the gas overflow (I have already experienced) when filling the car up. It is an easy move and I don't want to ruin the new coat of paint by repeated gas spills. I have two quick questions for the forum. Does anyone know where I can find the piece of stainless steel trim for the 770 that goes on the passenger side front fender. It is a 4 ft long piece of stainless steel trim that comes to a point at the front of the car. Also, does anyone know if they make, and where I can find, a brake conversion kit to disk brakes so I can update from the old drum breaks. Thanks, Gregg:cheers:

Welcome also,

2 things--
#1 for your trim piece -- go to the want ad section on this forum & place a want ad-- pictures are always most helpful
#2 Disc brake conversion --is discussed regularly on this site-- search function is your friend,
you have to decide what bolt pattern you want, whether you want an aftermarket company or a mopar factory style & then what is your budget. Usually location has a big play in this.

Forum members are pictures lovers-- so please post some up, there is a small group of toad lovers & they seem to be gaining traction lately.
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/articles.php (link is to a tech section on this site)
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/forumdisplay.php?f=39 (link is to a new member help section & photo posting info)

This site can be addictive-- it has a bunch of info & you can make some new friends !! Enjoy ,Lawrence

Good morning and welcome to FABO. toolmanmike

Welcome to FABO. Sounds like you have a great plan for your car. I agree with moving the gas fill tube. I truly dislike every time I have to get gas!:banghead:

Welcome to the Madness Greg. I bought my 92 D250 Cummins from a guy in Greenville a couple a years ago.

-
Back