New member formula S 1966

-
Awesome, now you can start ordering a lot of parts. You are well on your way. Much further towards completion than mine for sure

Congratulations on the GOOD buy. Finding a car that solid and it runs and drives --you are lucky. I will be following your progress.

One week and you got to drive it - Cool!
Just be careful. You have fifty year old brake lines & don't have a dual reservoir brake master cylinder so any little leak and no brakes.

Good advice about the brakes. I had mine running and was driving around the yard and pulled into the garage. Decided to back out and the brakes fell. A line ruptured. Guess what stopped me, my wife's Jaguar. The emergency brake cable snapped. That is one thing I need to upgrade is a dual master cylinder

Awesome that she runs and drives!!!!!!!!

My original single pot master cylinder was leaking down the firewall so I installed a dual. Feel much safer now! Good move for sure!
New MC Installed 2.jpg

Amazingly I had inspected the fuel and brake lines and they do appear in very good shape. But a dual master cylinder is a must! Thank you all. I will go through each and every part meticulously to ensure safety first. The engine runs amazing not even a tic

If you are talking about the single exhaust resonator like on my 65, I can give you an address to order for 225. It really looks great. I can send you a picture tonight when I get home.

No problem, just thought a 200 savings would be good to spend in other places. Where did you order from.

Check sales cuda shop. Mine has the penstar and looks identical. It is in the box in the den at home. Maybe I'm wrong, but I like saving money. I just looked online.
The description is quality accurate reproduction. Date code 9-65 with pentastar. 225
Glad you are making such good progress on yours.

IMG_0318.JPG
IMG_0317.JPG
Check sales cuda shop. Mine has the penstar and looks identical. It is in the box in the den at home. Maybe I'm wrong, but I like saving money. I just looked online.
The description is quality accurate reproduction. Date code 9-65 with pentastar. 225
Glad you are making such good progress on yours.
That is a nice piece,

IMG_0358.JPG
IMG_0354.JPG
IMG_0353.JPG
IMG_0357.JPG
Ok today new tank and sending unit removed and installed what a piece of cake and no leaks
Tomorrow new fuel pump!

-
Back