New Member from Alberta

-

saapbaad

mopar or no car
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Been lurking on these forums for about a month and created an account not too long ago. I have a few buddies with mopars and I'm looking to get into the game myself soon here.

So, HI!

And what's with moderated posting? I create a thread/post and my contributions are being moderated. Are all members moderated like this? Or only until I hit a certain post count?

:wave:

Welcome! I've never heard of threads/postings of new members being systematically 'moderated.' Only for really bad language or going against guidelines like flaming someone or bumping a for sale ad. Maybe pm a mod and ask what's up?

First I have ever seen, and I'm a member on quite a few forums :).

All good now, I guess it was post count. After I posted here my count hit 6 and all was good from that point!

Hi guys,

Been lurking on these forums for about a month and created an account not too long ago. I have a few buddies with mopars and I'm looking to get into the game myself soon here.

So, HI!

And what's with moderated posting? I create a thread/post and my contributions are being moderated. Are all members moderated like this? Or only until I hit a certain post count?

:wave:

Welcome and yes your first 10 post are moderated here then after that it's not a problem. It is a feature they put in against spammers. Even I was moderated at our other sites (F,M,J Bodies,C Bodies,E Bodies,and our truck forum)

Thanks guys!

Welcome and yes your first 10 post are moderated here then after that it's not a problem. It is a feature they put in against spammers. Even I was moderated at our other sites (F,M,J Bodies,C Bodies,E Bodies,and our truck forum)
Makes sense and coincides with what I concluded :).

Maybe I should write a bit more about myself:

I've been working on cars for the past decade and most of them were imports (not the rice bangers you see, but frankenstein hybrids that focused on power and reliability). Lately I've been feeling like I did when I was a kid as I always wanted a classic SB/BB mopar and being around the old mopars lately now has me looking into the market.

My good buddy has a '69 Superbee with a 440 six pack that engine dyno'd at 600hp/612#ft and I've been running around the province with him to all the staged drag events. It's a tonne of fun but I'm getting sick of being the pit crew/watching ;).

My strong points have always been diagnosis, tuning and turbo setups. I've always been very impressed with the gains when a snail or two is surgically attached to the mopar blocks compared to the imports -- but that's just science.

Hopefully I can positively contribute to this community, looks like a bunch of great guys around here.

Welcome, I'm just outside Calgary. Are you going to the big car (mostly muscle) show in High River on Sept. 25. If not you should.

welcome from Drumheller- where in the AB are you?

Nice I'm from Edmonton. I'll update my profile to reflect this.

Welcome, I'm just outside Calgary. Are you going to the big car (mostly muscle) show in High River on Sept. 25. If not you should.
Looks like fun. I may be able to make it but as always, everything has to coincide with work and the wife. :thumblef:

Welcome to a great site, I'm sure you will enjoy it and sounds like with your background you
Will contribute a lot
Moe

Thanks all. I wish I could pass a beer to each one of you through the interwebs... :D

Now there's a billion dollar idea.

Welcome to FABO,
i sure could use a beer about now, if you are offering......

Thanks guys.

Just waiting for my Duster to make it across the border. Hopefully I can get some driving in before the snow flies! :eek:

Welcome!! I've only been here a short while myself. Just got back into the Muscle Mopar scene myself after leaving it for 15yrs. FABO has been very helpful for relearning the old and catching up with all that is new. Good luck with your Duster!

-
Back