New Member from Cypress, TX

-

streetdemon

Reaction score
I have been lurking around on here for awhile now and thought I may as well introduce my self. My name is Brad and I have a 1973 Dart Swinger and a 1963 Dart 170. I have owned 5 Darts from beater race cars to semi-show cars. I live just outside Northwest Houston in Cypress, TX.

The 63 Dart has been in my family since it was new...it was my grandfathers. It was also my first car. It has been totally restored to showroom condition.

My current project is a 1973 Dart. It has a fresh coat of paint and a rebuilt slant 6 that is slightly modified with a clifford cam, intake and header. I am in the process of collecting parts to finish the interior and engine compartment.

I just might of found a new home here in this board.

Brad

Welcome to FABO! If you got any pic's of your stuff, post em' up! We love car ****!

Howdy Brad welcome to fabo. I am from rosenberg and work off jones and 1960. Have i seen your car off cypress rosehill? small world huh.

Howdy Brad welcome to fabo. I am from rosenberg and work off jones and 1960. Have i seen your car off cypress rosehill? small world huh.

You may have seen my car off of Rosehill. It hasn't seen much street time in the past few months due to it being disassembled in the garage. I am trying to have it compete for the Niftee-Fiftee's Spring Fling off of 249 and Cypress-Wood in March. I have a ways to go but I am pushing for it.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! I will post more pictures as soon as I figure out how to.

Brad

Welcome Brad! Theres no better site to call home than here thats for sure!! Glad you found us, enjoy the site and keep us posted on your project!!

Howdy, Brad, from a fellow Texian. I am in central Texas, between Temple and Waco. My brother used to live just off Stuebner-Airline in Spring - not far from you. Have you ever been to the annual show they do in Old Town Spring? Lot's of nice rides - all the downtown streets are closed off and filled with show cars.

Come back often,
Jerry

Welcome to FABO Brad! Can't wait to see pics of both your Darts. Did your grandfather buy the 63 new?

My Grandpa bought the car new back in Dec. of 1962. When I first got the I was lke what the heck is that! It had been sitting inside of a barn from 1981-1990 when we pulled it out with a tractor. There was not one bit of rust on the car but there was about an inch of dirt sitting on top of it. I had never paid much attention to thr car because it had been sitting behind closed doors and I was never was allowed to go in the barn.

I drove the car unrestored until I got out of high school. After that it was time for something with A/C. The car sat in my parents garage and was being used as a shelf for about 3 years until my dad and I restored it.

I will try and round up some pictures of it and post them up. I don't think I have any digital pictures of it so I will have to take some or scan in the actual photos.

Brad

Welcome to FABO Brad! Can't wait to see pics of both your Darts. Did your grandfather buy the 63 new?

Howdy, Brad, from a fellow Texian. I am in central Texas, between Temple and Waco. My brother used to live just off Stuebner-Airline in Spring - not far from you. Have you ever been to the annual show they do in Old Town Spring? Lot's of nice rides - all the downtown streets are closed off and filled with show cars.

Come back often,
Jerry

I have been to the show in Spring a few times but I have never taken any of my cars. That show always has a good turn out.

Brad

Welcome, fellow Texican, I live just north of Beaumont, TX.

-
Back