New Member from Detroit Area

-

Braile08

Reaction score
Hi my name is Fred, I live in the Detroit Area. I just picked up my first mopar. I have a 1967 Barracuda. It has been redone as a 1968 383 formula S, It is a Barn find, We are going thru it and cleaning it out. It a little rougher then we (wife and I) first thought. We thought it was a 68 383 formula S but the Vin. It is a 67 H code car with a D Engine code and was a Stick car at some point. Car currently has a 383 and 727. trying to figure out direction to go with it.

And another welcome from out Ann Arbor way!! Lets see this find you found, sounds very interesting! Maybe we can hook up, I'm a 67 owner myself!! Geof

Welcome to the site Fred it must be your luck day because you just found the best site on the plant....
Im in the jackson area and I have a couple big block B cudas one of which is a 68 notch H code 4 speed car
Aaron

Welcome from the other side of the state! Let's see some pictures of this beast! Working on a 70 duster as a project currently

We are in the process cleaning the Car before we bring the car back to mi.
Nice Bonus car is a Disk Brake car too

Partial Vin BH29D72

B = Plymouth Barracuda
H = High
29 = 2 Door Sports Hardtop
D = 273 180HP 1-2BBL 8 CYL
7 = 1967
2 = Dodge Main, Hamtramck, MI, USA

I would leave the 383 but slap a 4-speed back in it :glasses7:

Cool car and welcome to FABO :cheers:

Dodge Freak is a local Detroit native, might send him a P.M. A separate post about Detroit FABO members, would speed things up quickly here.

That car is a 68!! The small round side marker lights are 68 only, the grille and tail panel trim are both 68 as well! Something is not right with the title here, better check the VIN of the title against the body VIN! Are you near Ann arbor? I'd be willing to help maybe clear this up for you!! Geof

That car is a 68!! The small round side marker lights are 68 only, the grille and tail panel trim are both 68 as well!

he did mention the car was redone as a 68 formula S...maybe it was redone very thoroughly?

Welcome from the west coast. The wife's from Trenton, I learned the "Michigan hand map" from her, works great. Good luck with the Cuda!!

Well, the WPC swap meet is at the Gibraltar trade center on the 24th of January! I'll be there at my usual spot right by the food court! I'll be wearing my fabo shirt as usual also!! If you're coming look me up!! Geof

Welcome to FABO!! I grew up in Detroit,moved to Denver in 1969 after the Navy.

Well, the WPC swap meet is at the Gibraltar trade center on the 24th of January! I'll be there at my usual spot right by the food court! I'll be wearing my fabo shirt as usual also!! If you're coming look me up!! Geof
Sunday the 25th, not the 24th.

Dennis

That car is a 68!! The small round side marker lights are 68 only, the grille and tail panel trim are both 68 as well! Something is not right with the title here, better check the VIN of the title against the body VIN! Are you near Ann arbor? I'd be willing to help maybe clear this up for you!! Geof

He said the car was redone as a 1968 383 formula S. That might be the reason it looks like a '68 with the round side markers. Just a thought.

Braile08: Welcome to the site. Because the car was basically "cloned" I'd leave it a 383 automatic car. It looks like it will make a really nice driver. Again, Welcome To FABO.

-
Back