New Member From The Philippines

-

Thomas Tiritilli

Philippines Mopar Nut.
Reaction score
I am a retired U.S Navy disabled Veteran. My name is Thomas

I have a 1969 Dodge Dart, will be restoring it soon, like opinions on what engine to install, i like to put a 440 or a 426 Hemi, but looking for ideas and opinions.

Please reply with complete honesty thank you.

IMG_4662.JPG

IMG_4663.JPG

IMG_4667.JPG

IMG_4670.JPG

IMG_4679.JPG

IMG_4684.JPG

I also have a chance to put a 5.7 Gen-3 Hemi in it as a guy is bring in a complete unit with Transmission and Computer box and other parts, total price is 5000.00 USD. What do you think.
That would make that Dart scream.

That would make that Dart scream.
So doing that would be better then buying a crate 440 or 426 Hemi? I mean cost wise yes as the Hemi will run from 16 to 18k the 440 is 10 to 12k. And i still need a trans. The 5.7 Hemi is 5k with trans and Computer box and would be 100 or more pounds lighter yes?

A crate 440 or 426, you never know what you’ll get quality wise. And may not be dependable. 5.7 Hemi would be more reliable but the computer stuff, I don’t know. Are you doing the work yourself?

I’ve always wanted a Hemi Dart or 440 six pack one.

A crate 440 or 426, you never know what you’ll get quality wise. And may not be dependable. 5.7 Hemi would be more reliable but the computer stuff, I don’t know. Are you doing the work yourself?

I’ve always wanted a Hemi Dart or 440 six pack one.
No WITH MY DISABILITY'S ETC, I can't do it, the Computer stuff is a little harder to do here in the Philippines.
Yeah i am worried about Quality of those crate engines too, since i am in the Philippines returning it is not really a option.
Yeah this decision is tough.
Me to about a 440 six or a Hemi in anything haha. That is why i am thinking about putting the 426 Hemi in it. Costs is the issue of course.

No WITH MY DISABILITY'S ETC, I can't do it, the Computer stuff is a little harder to do here in the Philippines.
Yeah i am worried about Quality of those crate engines too, since i am in the Philippines returning it is not really a option.
Yeah this decision is tough.
Me to about a 440 six or a Hemi in anything haha. That is why i am thinking about putting the 426 Hemi in it. Costs is the issue of course.
Is the guy selling the 5.7 installing it for the $5000? Or is labor extra?

Is the guy selling the 5.7 installing it for the $5000? Or is labor extra?
No i have a guy doing the total restore of the car they'll install it if i go that route. The engine is on a ship heading this way when it arrives we will tested it first. But the guy doing my car has put a LS IN a 1967 camaro before. My total restore depending on engine 5.7 to 426 Hemi will be 20 to 30k, Parts are the issue labor here is cheap about 20 dollars a day. If i do the 5.7 20k is about it to restore the whole car the 426 Hemi pushes it closer to 32,33k 440, 28 to 30ish.

No i have a guy doing the total restore of the car they'll install it if i go that route. The engine is on a ship heading this way when it arrives we will tested it first. But the guy doing my car has put a LS IN a 1967 camaro before. My total restore depending on engine 5.7 to 426 Hemi will be 20 to 30k, Parts are the issue labor here is cheap about 20 dollars a day. If i do the 5.7 20k is about it to restore the whole car the 426 Hemi pushes it closer to 32,33k 440, 28 to 30ish.
If you’re on a budget, I’d go 5.7, if not, I’d go 426. A 440 six pack would be a wow factor too. What color are you painting your Dart.

If you’re on a budget, I’d go 5.7, if not, I’d go 426. A 440 six pack would be a wow factor too. What color are you painting your Dart.
Yeah, i am kinda on a budget, but i can do 35k, and i really always wanted a 426 Hemi, or yes a 440 six pack is nice to lol. I have some time to decide as of now i am leaning towards the 426, as the car would resale here for much more if i ever decided to sell it.
Color good question i thought of Black, or Forrest green with a black vinyl top and a flat black hood, but my most recent Mopar mag has a REDISH OR pinkish mix 69 dart in it that looks great especially with the flat black hood. I am also going with Mopar steel black glossy wheels from a company called mopar dude, 15x12 rear 15x7 fronts. And it will have a hood scoop like the one in my avatar picture. I also thought about Hemi orange with the flat black hood. Tough decision

Welcome Thomas. I lived in the P.I. when I was a teenager back in the '70s. My dad was stationed at Clark AB. I'd love to go back some day - I know that it has changed a lot since I was last there. Good luck with the Dart!

Welcome Thomas. I just finished my 69 340 Swinger. So many decisions, but one thing please consider is once you go down the path you will want to do more than you set out to do and costs easily run away. Since this is knew (I think) to you does the restorer know anything about Mopars. Very important because a lot of mistakes can be made $$$. I wanted to do the 440 and 426 thing but once I looked at the additional weight, driveability and costs, I went small block. I think the modern Hemi would be a great way to go, also more reliable and 375hp is plenty to have street fun with. Good luck with all the decisions and if I can ever help just IM me.

KIMG2170.JPG

Welcome
My brother lives in Cebu.
He claims car ownership is almost impossible there. I'd think classic car ownership would be a nightmare there.
Keep us updated on your trials and tribulations.

I also have friends in Cebu like billccm. We are here for you and the Dart in your pics looks like a great starting point.

Welcome Thomas. I lived in the P.I. when I was a teenager back in the '70s. My dad was stationed at Clark AB. I'd love to go back some day - I know that it has changed a lot since I was last there. Good luck with the Dart!
Welcome Thomas. I just finished my 69 340 Swinger. So many decisions, but one thing please consider is once you go down the path you will want to do more than you set out to do and costs easily run away. Since this is knew (I think) to you does the restorer know anything about Mopars. Very important because a lot of mistakes can be made $$$. I wanted to do the 440 and 426 thing but once I looked at the additional weight, driveability and costs, I went small block. I think the modern Hemi would be a great way to go, also more reliable and 375hp is plenty to have street fun with. Good luck with all the decisions and if I can ever help just IM me.

View attachment 1715270785
Yes you are correct and i am also thinking along those lines of costs and weight etc, the guy who is doing the restore has done a couple of Mopars, so i think he will be okay i have known him awhile and seen his work. The 5.7 Hemi cost wise is a no brainer, and it is still a Hemi yes?

Yes a lot has changed here i was stationed here from 1987 to 1992, yes to much has changed

Thank you for replying sir. Will keep you all updated on this build.

Welcome
My brother lives in Cebu.
He claims car ownership is almost impossible there. I'd think classic car ownership would be a nightmare there.
Keep us updated on your trials and tribulations.
Your Brother is correct it is a pain especially bring in parts like a crate engine or hell even a short block or a transmission.
I love to talk to your brother if he is into Darts or just classic cars?

Thanks

Anyone have any ideas on the best way without breaking the bank to upgrade the Front and rear suspension of a 1969 Dart? Would a mustang 2 system with coilovers be a good idea, and a coilover 4link rear system 11 inch disk brakes all around, with a hydraulic brake system. Input please.

-
Back