New Member Introduction - 1971 GSS Demon

-
I think we road trip and liberate the block! Virtually no reason on earth to hold it hostage! The guy just cannot be a true car guy with that kind of thought process.
And he is part of a mopar family to boot. SOB, I even have a 340 block I can offer.

And thanks John. Help me get the block and I will come out and help pick up your Demon!! And I owe you some Oatmeal Stouts....

That is one amazing story.Its crazy how big this world is and yet stories just come together like this .It was meant to be.Love hearing about it and look forward to seeing the progress as it comes together.

Thank you. I have been driving it and having fun.

Truly the kind of story most of us dream about, glad that you could share it with us, but even more with your dad, better yet that he got back into the hobby with the Barracuda!

Just found this ... what a wonderful story!

Way to go Eric !

Those nice Centerline wheels you bought could not have found a better home. What a great car and story.

So, here is an update as the current status. Been driving the car a bit. Added a Hughes Whiplash 440 cam, a tunnel ram/660s, a 3000 stall/reverse pattern manual valve body, a set of black steel wheels out back. Also found an original Norms 6 pack set up and air cleaner and a date coded 340 block/set of X heads and J heads.

6 Pack 2.jpg

Resized952020041895172940.jpg

Resized952020050995154014.jpg

Couple more pics from when Dad had it. One of him in the car was dated Oct 1971 - paperwork says sale date of Oct 10, 1971 so it was likely the first picture taken. Plans for now include adding the decals (which i have NOS decals) to replicate the way it looked the only time i rode in the car as a child.

Resized952020042295133114 (002).jpg

Resized952020042295133458 (002).jpg

So, many updates missed, but here is the car today.

MITP 2022.PNG

Resized952022060495163719.jpg

The stance is PERFECT :thumbsup: period correct! Awesome story and glad to see it appreciated by the community.
It sure is! Reminds me of mine and all my buddies cars in school in the early 80s.

We pass through Rosendale on our way to/from Jefferson each fall & spring. We stop at the BP every single time. Safe to assume you hit the Jeffy swaps?

-
Back