New member, looking for a car

-

4Birdman

Reaction score
A specific car.....

My name is Bryan, I'm originally from PA but have been down in NC most of my life. I'm a huge Trans Am guy and am just finishing up building a 500+hp 98 Trans Am. I've been thinking about what to take on as my next project. I plan on opening up a custom car/hot rod shop sometime soon so I was thinking about doing something a little different.

For some reason I had a dream about my grandmother's old car, and I decided that is what I want to build. My grandfather sold it back in 1995 and it was in really good shape, so I'm hoping that it might still be around. We're starting to look for it, so if anyone runs across a burgundy 1975/76 Valiant Brougham 4-dr up in the Bethlehem, PA area PLEASE LET ME KNOW!

If we can't find it or if it is already gone, I plan on finding another 75/76 and building it in her memory. Something told me that this was the car I needed to find to get my business kick started.

I love off the wall oddball stuff, which a 76 Valiant definitely would be!

Welcome aboard Bryan, This site is very helpful :glasses7:

Welcome Bryan! Lots of great information here from some great people. Good luck finding your grandmother's car.

Welcome to a great site - lots of knowledgable members, all willing to help!

Yeah, it is definitely a strange car. They bought it new and I wanted it after she passed away in 93, but my grandfather wanted me to have something newer so in 95 he sold it and bought me an S-10 Blazer for my 16th birthday.

I still have my Blazer, but wish I had that Valiant too!

Welcome. As in Pontiac world, 4 dr cars are more affordable. 73+ Darts tend to be less expensive since many prefer the earlier flat front, with 67-69 most desireable. Unless you find that specific car, I would look further south and west. Rust can add years and $$$ to a project. 75+ cars have good mechanical features like front disk brakes and 4 dr are safer in a side impact. Just don't put lots of money into it or you may never re-coup if you sell.

I have a 75 4 door Valiant I used as a donor to get big bolt pattern disc and rear axle for my "decoy 67 GT". It has rust free sheet metal , good glass, trim and bumpers. I cut one hole behind back glass. Too good to crush so if you need whole car I can load on a trailer for scrap price. It is gold with gold interior. I don't have time to part out. Pm if interested, Joe

-
Back