-

1961 300g steve

Reaction score
just bought a 1963 gt dart thought i would build another a body this one to drive. all orginal need to decide 6 and 4 speed or 360 and auto

Welcome Steve. I own a 66 Dart with a 273. I am certain the 63's need some modifications to the firewall for a v-8 because they were never designed for them. Hopefully someone will chime in with more info. Got any pics? Love those early 60's Darts! toolmanmike

welcome to the fray -- lots of great people and info here - sounds like a great project - got pics?

Welcome. I just sold a 61 300g convertible that needed restored for lots of cash. Do you have one?

like the other guy said, the 63 dart was NOT factory designed for a S B. the main problem is where the firewall gets in the way, the wiper motor is inside, and a hump on firewall that covers the wiper motor getting in way of dist.

also needed is v8 centerlink. the k frame will take a v8 like the 64-6 a bodies though. use 273 engine brackets, mounts. bigger rear NOT a 7 1/4 really.

seem guys will say a 383/400 is a better fir due to front dist. then you definitely have to geo headers, and that is a problem, period.

basically fenderwell headers OR 273 exh manifolds. some people believe a combo of some 340 and Durango manifold work.

stick or auto, the auto used a cable shift deal, those trannys are not worth squat, BUT try finding one! later auto trans can be made to work like any any 66 later A body, but correct for that car.

some of us get to like playing with the slant. yea costs some $$ to try to add some power to it do doubt. more cost effective to do the S B in lots of ways.

if you decide to go V8 do a good s earch to find guys that have been there. done it, as I just have a stock 63 myself. I like the 63-4 darts as you just don't see that many of them.

-
Back