-

Granny

Reaction score
Thanks for letting me join the group. I'm from Ontario , Canada and recently purchased a 69 Plymouth Valiant from my Brother. It is currently a slant 6 and I have purchased a rebuilt 400 big block for it as well as a 727 transmission. I also need to change the rear axle as it's a 7.25. Been hoping to find an 8 3/4 posi for it but they're pretty scarce in my area unless you want to dish out large dollars. I'm considering narrowing an 8.8 Explorer rear instead as it's an easy fix, also gaining disc brakes and 31 spline axles. I will likely be asking some questions in the near future as my last Mopar was a 68 Cuda back in the early 70's. Graham Taylor

Screenshot_20240109-123456.jpg

Welcome from Alberta.
Cool car and some great plans.

Just a little hint, in Moparspeak we say "sure grip" instead of posi. Some here may get offended by a Chevy term. Lol

Welcome from Alberta.

Just a little hint, in Moparspeak we say "sure grip" instead of posi. Some here may get offended by a Chevy term. Lol

Welcome from Alberta.

No problem, I'm not one that is obsessed with correct terms. I like 'em all, and have owned everything from AMC to Yamaha.
Still looking for that perfect AC?
And can’t quite bring yourself to Yugo though

Love the 69 Valiant. It's a great body style. Probably the best looking grille of them all. Welcome!

Welcome to FABO, Granny.
Is it the A-bpdy 8-3/4 you're having trouble finding? Or any 8-3/4?
If you're going to narrow a Ford Explorer 8.8, you could always narrow either a B-body, C-body, or E-body 8-3/4 to fit your Valiant.

BTW, our club (Inland Mopars) built a '68 Valiant as our charity raffle car about 10 years ago. We also used a 400 big block/727 combo for power.

2008 Raffle Car.jpg

I hope we see you at MoparFest in New Hamburg ONT in August - about 1500 Mopars last year!

My brother had a '67 Valient in high school. It also had a slant 6. I was always amazed at how fast that car was with that engine! Welcome to the club!

-
Back