New Mexico members....

-

Abodybomber

Breaking street machines , since 1983.....:)
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Looking at several states, to move to. What is the motorsports situation , here.... Any other comments, openly welcome....

I have no idea, but both my daughter's live there. I'll ask them and get back to you.

Looking at several states, to move to. What is the motorsports situation , here.... Any other comments, openly welcome....

Well, Leaving Liberal California for Liberal New Mexico doesn't seem to be much of a change, other than giving up an ocean. :poke:

My dad retired to Alamogordo for a while. More for affordability than anything else. Spoke very highly of the folks there. Moved back to IL after his wife passed. Has a lot of friends there still. I think his only complaints were about the swamp cooler, how he was getting too old to put up a bigger/better HAM antenna, and the daily dust. I'm sure he misses it. Oh, he did mention it takes 4 hours to get anywhere.

I lived grew up in the SW corner of Colorado. Have some relatives in New Mexico in the NW corner by Farmington. Plenty of places to ride Dirt bikes RTV they have a track right outside Bloomfield for Motorcross. Lake Navajo good fishing/swimming.

. Espanola has a cool low rider scene neat to go look at one evening. Even if your not into it at least check out the paint jobs. Also some good 4X4 off-roading. Not sure on the Mopar scene. Know there were some when I used to go down and visit grandparents in late 80s. Have seen some cool ones cruising and yes they still cruise in Farmington.

Plenty of outdoor stuff to do from desert to mountains.

And like Frankie said they have some Liberal B.S. But what state don't. You can go anywhere and shoot out in the sticks. Hunting/fishing is good. Land is affordable and they have lots of jobs in the oil and gas industry.

Frankie isn't Atlanta in GA liberal :poke:

Thanks, all. Moving is a no brained,most likely in the S.W. states.

yahive had those thoughts to getting older and every thing , taxes here are outragiuos , but thats what you get living in a capital city. What used to be country is nowcity ,but good old country neibors yet . no lot line issues .People for the most part keep to there own buissness , or offer a hand ifneeded .the car scene , and economy is dying fast ,and with all this weird weather , were doesa guy pic up roots and go. i guesss i always liked tenesee, arkansas , its atough call good luckto you if you try it . i heard Baha or CABO is nice in 10/13 send me a letter and a bottle , LOL calorodo is the place tobe , i guess had some freinds move there , they said they like the country living . 15 minutes outside a little town with a 1 horse sheriff yet . A body loose and a mile high . he has landed on a 25 acre feild of old mopars and life is like heavon. All they couldhere was the thunder roar , and a man yelling bring out the dancing girls and put the champiane on ice..... lol hagr8 1 bro find me that 3:91 sure grip pig , I am ready. peace bro.

I think you should come to TN so I have another Mopar buddy to hang with! Just kidding, the wife and I have talked about moving somewhere southwest US here in about 10 years when Nashville gets too crowded.

WTH would you want to move to New Mexico for?
The place sucks, with dust and heat as bad as Arizona. :D

Northen AZ mountains is nice, but the rest is as bad as New Mexico.

You can have my house and I'll move to the Yucatan and start scuba diving again. :D

TB is right it is about like AZ. But does have more mountains (Taos Red River ski areas) that's where the Rockies dwindle out. Less people than AZ.

Are you retiring?

Have a few buddies down south in Ecuador and one in Costa Rica. Cheap living. Live off Military retirement like they are rolling in money down there.

Negative, on retirement. Where I live,a single bedroom apartment/no garage runs 800-1200 a month rent. For the same money a month ,buy some land/house /shop space & get away from California idiocy...

You could get some decent land and house for that in the NW corner not sure about albuquerque. Pertty descent jobs in oil and gas and all other stuff that supports it ( mechanics,welders and then other industry jobs).

I have relatives east of Sacramento Granite Bay and some in San Diego close to ball field. Those two places were not to bad when I was out there. Did some stuff for Uncle Sam on Coronado could not believe how much they wanted for a little bitty house.

You could get some decent land and house for that in the NW corner not sure about albuquerque. Pertty descent jobs in oil and gas and all other stuff that supports it ( mechanics,welders and then other industry jobs).

I have relatives east of Sacramento Granite Bay and some in San Diego close to ball field. Those two places were not to bad when I was out there. Did some stuff for Uncle Sam on Coronado could not believe how much they wanted for a little bitty house.

Thank you,this is info I am looking for. I wore out the Thanks button,so Thanks...

But one thing I forgot to mention is the pay is less to some extent then Cali. My ex got offered a job out by Pleasanton by San Fransisco pay was way better but everything else was way higher. So it was comparable to what she was making here. Hope that made sense.

But one thing I forgot to mention is the pay is less to some extent then Cali. My ex got offered a job out by Pleasanton by San Fransisco pay was way better but everything else was way higher. So it was comparable to what she was making here. Hope that made sense.

It does,that is more than expected.California is basically a beautiful ghetto,you need 100k minimum a year to scrape, & still deal with gov't regulations up the wazoo.

It does,that is more than expected.California is basically a beautiful ghetto,you need 100k minimum a year to scrape, & still deal with gov't regulations up the wazoo.

come to Oklahoma, it`s either freezing, or hotter than he--, flooding, or drought, no in between ! but, I`m sooner born, and sooner bred, when I die, I`ll be sooner dead !:cheers:

Better Mexican food in New Mexico, but AZ is better in most other ways

You should come to Georgia. I have the Silver Dollar Raceway about an hour away. It's an NHRA sanctioned 1/4 miler. There's Twiggs County about 20 minutes away. It's an 1/8 miler. Then Commerce. Lots of dirt track, mud boggin and stuff. And me of course. lol

You should come to Georgia. I have the Silver Dollar Raceway about an hour away. It's an NHRA sanctioned 1/4 miler. There's Twiggs County about 20 minutes away. It's an 1/8 miler. Then Commerce. Lots of dirt track, mud boggin and stuff. And me of course. lol

A possibility, . Depends, on family politics...

I love Minnesota, the seasons always changing can be beautiful but winter can be tough....if I had to move to another state I'm not sure where else to go, lots of nice areas out there.....one thing I like is that Mopars are plentiful here :glasses7:

I love Minnesota, the seasons always changing can be beautiful but winter can be tough....if I had to move to another state I'm not sure where else to go, lots of nice areas out there.....one thing I like is that Mopars are plentiful here :glasses7:

MINNESOOOOTA is awesome. When winter gets tough it means ice fishing for me hahaha

1422454993_zpsada5bd4d.jpg

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFHbINzUYEk"]Ice Castle Classic - 2015 Aerial Experience - YouTube[/ame]

I am in Albuquerque now for business. I leave today at 5pm(Saturday) to go back home(Cali; Torrance)and right next to my hotel is the biggest Mopar show in the state sponsored by the Mopar Muscle Club of NM.

Very good showing of Mopars and was surprised to see many high quality examples.

Compared to California this place has no traffic to speak of. Gas prices are $1.50 less a gallon. Sales tax is something like 5-5-1/2%. It sits at 5000 ft. And does have an official 1.4 mile drag strip.

Lot of motorcycle riders(no helmet law...they haven't learned yet), lots veterans, and a very large Jeep community.

Property or rent will be half of what we pay in California.

Best part is way less people. Worst part is no ocean. No water shortages. Better gun laws...It a Democratic state with a lot of military businesses and bases. So the Dem and Repubs seem to work together.

All the police forces drive Hemi Chargers equipped with M4 AR-15 Bushmasters.

News is mostly about the weather. Hot in summer. Cold in the winter.

But if its good enough for Arlen Vanke is should be good for anybody.

If you are a sports fan there are no pro teams in NM.

They filmed Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, Lone Survivor and Longmeier here.

I am in Albuquerque now for business. I leave today at 5pm(Saturday) to go back home(Cali; Torrance)and right next to my hotel is the biggest Mopar show in the state sponsored by the Mopar Muscle Club of NM.

Very good showing of Mopars and was surprised to see many high quality examples.

Compared to California this place has no traffic to speak of. Gas prices are $1.50 less a gallon. Sales tax is something like 5-5-1/2%. It sits at 5000 ft. And does have an official 1.4 mile drag strip.

Lot of motorcycle riders(no helmet law...they haven't learned yet), lots veterans, and a very large Jeep community.

Property or rent will be half of what we pay in California.

Best part is way less people. Worst part is no ocean. No water shortages. Better gun laws...It a Democratic state with a lot of military businesses and bases. So the Dem and Repubs seem to work together.

All the police forces drive Hemi Chargers equipped with M4 AR-15 Bushmasters.

News is mostly about the weather. Hot in summer. Cold in the winter.

But if its good enough for Arlen Vanke is should be good for anybody.

If you are a sports fan there are no pro teams in NM.

They filmed Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, Lone Survivor and Longmeier here.
Thanks, Soul. This is exactly ,what I need to know.

I live in Rio Rancho and work in Abq. Retired from the Air Foce in 2005. We like it here. Great Mopar club, they are very active. Please feel to pm me and I will answer your questions. If you're ever out this way we can meet, introduce you to good people, whatever. Helping each other, its what we're here for, right?

-
Back