New Mickey Thompson ET Drags wheels

-
What is your suspension setup? I have '74 and up spindles and factory discs ... I'm wondering if that pushed my wheel location up in the wheel well?

I got my M/T's from a guy on Racing Junk. He texted me back this morning and only has 15x10 in chevy pattern.
I have the same spindles, Wilwood brakes, RMS upper control arm, factory lower arm, adjustable strut rod

I have the same spindles, Wilwood brakes, RMS upper control arm, factory lower arm, adjustable strut rod

Thanks for the info! Now I'm wondering where the difference is on mine. I'm going to mount them again and see if I'm missing something.

BTW: what type of racing are you doing? Just brackets?? Love your car .. Especially w the wheels up!

Thanks for the info! Now I'm wondering where the difference is on mine. I'm going to mount them again and see if I'm missing something.

BTW: what type of racing are you doing? Just brackets?? Love your car .. Especially w the wheels up!
Yes bracket racing, 1/8th Mike so far and I cruise in it every day the weathers nice and of course the occasional street battle, lol.

What is your suspension setup? I have '74 and up spindles and factory discs ... I'm wondering if that pushed my wheel location up in the wheel well?

How did you lower the rear? New springs or spacers????

In that picture I don't know if it was the factory setup or the RMS setup. I ran the same rims and tires and the same stance with both setups.

The rears are leaf springs with RMS boxes. I got the rear down a little more by raising the front shackle eye position and raising the front slightly.

Those wheels look awesome!!!!! I have the exact ones on my '68 barracuda and get tons of compliments. You don't have a lead on a 15x10 with 4.5" BS do you in that wheel?

View attachment 1714968997
I can't past get that picture - it looks like an amazing drawing.. just cool as **** - I don't know how else to put it

Last edited:
In that picture I don't know if it was the factory setup or the RMS setup. I ran the same rims and tires and the same stance with both setups.

The rears are leaf springs with RMS boxes. I got the rear down a little more by raising the front shackle eye position and raising the front slightly.

Thanks for the info ... I'm going to flip my front spring hanger and see how it looks

Yes bracket racing, 1/8th Mike so far and I cruise in it every day the weathers nice and of course the occasional street battle, lol.

No more cruising for me ... gonna bracket race for points next year! What size rear rims are you running? If they're M/T 15x7 or 8 I'd be interested if you decide to go with 10's ... keep me in mind.

Thanks for the info ... I'm going to flip my front spring hanger and see how it looks

No more cruising for me ... gonna bracket race for points next year! What size rear rims are you running? If they're M/T 15x7 or 8 I'd be interested if you decide to go with 10's ... keep me in mind.
My rims are 8's and I would like to try 10's with the same tire but unsure of clearance issues or not.

No, I have offset hangers and Caltracs

Under a dart you have 10.5" of section width to play with if you have the offset kit. A 10" rim is 11+. Under a barracuda you may have more room but I doubt you have that much more. unless you want your tires sticking out past the quarters which IMO looks like dog poop

Under a dart you have 10.5" of section width to play with if you have the offset kit. A 10" rim is 11+. Under a barracuda you may have more room but I doubt you have that much more. unless you want your tires sticking out past the quarters which IMO looks like dog poop
Yeah I do think the barracudas have a little more wheel well area and I also don't like the tires sticking out either. I feel about an inch before it would hit the lip and I'm not modifying the body. As much as I would like a 10" wheel I don't think it's gonna be possible without some modifications.

will those rear wheels accept a 5/8ths stud and washer n nut setup? guy local has a set forsale, but wont respond to this question. id live to get them i need that answered since i have the big studs in the rear end.

also i have a 26 front runner under mine. want ro go to a 23ish tall instead. feel the taller looks to big. the tall used to rub on one side cuz a tyrod was bad.

20150816_163044_zpsy0hmllnq.jpg

My rims are 8's and I would like to try 10's with the same tire but unsure of clearance issues or not.

I've got a shot at buying these older M/T's (I think they are called ET's?). Anybody ever see/use them? They have dual bolt pattern, but that shouldn't matter?? Do they make plugs for the unused holes?

There are small plastic caps for those holes. I've seen orange and black.

I run 26" on mine. Superstock guys fit a 28 so it can be done. Love those wheels. I want a set of fronts!
20150530_1057582_zpsowgfhuo1.jpg

OK. Enough is enough. This thread is showing ONLY pictures of bad *** cars and I, frankly, am sick and tired of seeing them. I have run out of rocks to throw at my car and have been relegated to throwing golf balls and lugs nut at it. I just can't look at them anymore.

OK. Enough is enough. This thread is showing ONLY pictures of bad *** cars and I, frankly, am sick and tired of seeing them. I have run out of rocks to throw at my car and have been relegated to throwing golf balls and lugs nut at it. I just can't look at them anymore.
Don't forget old spark plugs
Those aren't just for throwing at Tony Romo

Love the way the big rear tires fit! Do you have any pics of your rear suspension? Mini or full tub?

Just mopar factory leaf springs. I used RMS boxes up front and used the upper rear hole to move the rear end back and lower the car. The rear shackle mounts go through the frame, not under it. I hate the 4x4 jacked up truck look.

It is a mini tub.

You cannot put more tire than that under a 67-69 without a pull tub. Mine rub now and again.

Just mopar factory leaf springs. I used RMS boxes up front and used the upper rear hole to move the rear end back and lower the car. The rear shackle mounts go through the frame, not under it. I hate the 4x4 jacked up truck look.

It is a mini tub.

You cannot put more tire than that under a 67-69 without a pull tub. Mine rub now and again.
Great stance!

-
Back