New muscle car owner

-

Stephen_Bull

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
So the day after Christmas I bought myself a 1968 Dodge Dart GT. I've been wanting an A-Body recently, mainly due to the looks. I'll admit, I've never owned a muscle car before, and this will also be my first reso-mod project. I'm from Oregon, but the Air Force said live in Oklahoma, so here I am. I look forward to getting to know the community, and finding out how over my head I got or if I can stay afloat with this car. lol

Stephen B.

Ok, working on pictures. I know there are size limits and with other forums ( I own a 06 F350 and a 93 MR2) the pics need to be a certain size. Not sure how it is here.

Stephen B.

Welcome from Pennsylvania. I had a '91 MR2 way back when, they're neat little cars. And yeah, let's see that Dart!

What part of Oklahoma? I'm just outside of OKC in mustang.

He’s at tinker. Midwest city. I grew up there. My dad was in the AWACS division for years at Tinker AFB

He’s at tinker. Midwest city. I grew up there. My dad was in the AWACS division for years at Tinker AFB

Still live around here?

I work for a utility contractor been on tinker, ft sill, and Altus. We had a 3 1/2 month long project at Altus AFB. It was absolutely BORING around there. I got tired of being there towards the end of the project and started driving home every evening on my own time/gas. My friend got stationed at Altus about a year ago, he feels the same way about that boring town as I do.

Moved to Cali 19 years ago. I forgot he could be at Altus afb. My family still lives in the Okc area. I get back every couple years. Went to Carl Albert HS and graduated from OU.

Welcome to FABO!! Thank you for your service. I'm retired Air Force and miss it every day. Sounds like a great car to begin being a motorhead. Man, are they fun to drive!!

The wheels gotta go lol

20181228_134308.jpg

318 2bbl, missing the A/C pump, bracket and lines, and the P/S pump braket and lines, and the heater core hoses have been plugged so I'll have to figure that out.

20181226_213606.jpg

Saw that dart on Craigslist. Called about it and the price was FIRM. I have a project and don't need another. We're you able to talk him down any on price?

This snow is awful. I work outside for a living....
Where at in mustang are you? I haven't seen an MR2 around, i'm into imports and cars in general! I have been driving my BMW around more than my dart lately due to tearing up the transmission in my dart. Stop me and say hey if you see me around. There are a few guys from mustang and Yukon on here.
IMG_2884.jpg

318 2bbl, missing the A/C pump, bracket and lines, and the P/S pump braket and lines, and the heater core hoses have been plugged so I'll have to figure that out.

View attachment 1715270606

Dart should be kick A$$ when done !
Hope you keep that snow, we`ve dodged the bullet so far, supposed to warm up quite bit in a few.
I was stationed at Tinker for the remainder of my tour. I was in SAC and headed to Guam when my dad got killed, and his lawyer got me transferred to MATS , back then at Tinker. No one could believe I changed commands, never heard of such a thing back then.
Had an early out, everyone that came in before me already gone, got pissed of and went to personel, to see why, they wanted to know why I was still there. Turns out the guy that was to handle my papers went on a long leave , and left my papers in the bottom of one of his drawers, covered up. Didn`t take too long form there. Had a "new'' 68 383 form. S fastback when I left there------

Saw that dart on Craigslist. Called about it and the price was FIRM. I have a project and don't need another. We're you able to talk him down any on price?

Where at in mustang are you? I haven't seen an MR2 around, i'm into imports and cars in general! I have been driving my BMW around more than my dart lately due to tearing up the transmission in my dart. Stop me and say hey if you see me around. There are a few guys from mustang and Yukon on here.
View attachment 1715270611

Yes the price came down a bit, and it runs and drives...ish...its gots pretty much no brakes. I've tried bleeding the drums but no joy, gonna look into the Master Cylinder when it warms up.

View attachment 1715270611

I'm back behind Chicken Express near the hospital. The shift cable in the MR2 broke a couple weeks ago so I'm driving my truck lately.

My buddy lives over around there. Off of Sara rd by Wal-Mart. He isn't a mopar guy but his parents are. His mom just traded her orange hellcat for a purple hellcat red eye. His dad has a large collection of cars and has a '69 charger R/T and is building a '69 dart drag car. My buddy is into imports and micro cars.
There is a car meet at the bowling alley at HWY 152 and mustang rd on the 1st and 3rd Thursday of every month (weather permitting). There is a pretty good mix of cars there. Check it out if you haven't already and bring your dart!

-
Back