New muscle car owner

-
My buddy lives over around there. Off of Sara rd by Wal-Mart. He isn't a mopar guy but his parents are. His mom just traded her orange hellcat for a purple hellcat red eye. His dad has a large collection of cars and has a '69 charger R/T and is building a '69 dart drag car. My buddy is into imports and micro cars.
There is a car meet at the bowling alley at HWY 152 and mustang rd on the 1st and 3rd Thursday of every month (weather permitting). There is a pretty good mix of cars there. Check it out if you haven't already and bring your dart!
Will do

welcome - FABO1.gif

Hey everyone,
So the day after Christmas I bought myself a 1968 Dodge Dart GT. I've been wanting an A-Body recently, mainly due to the looks. I'll admit, I've never owned a muscle car before, and this will also be my first reso-mod project. I'm from Oregon, but the Air Force said live in Oklahoma, so here I am. I look forward to getting to know the community, and finding out how over my head I got or if I can stay afloat with this car. lol

Stephen B.

Hey Stephen,

Welcome from California. That being said, yep You've totally gotten in over your head, but since I'm such a nice guy, I'll take that Dart off your hands for you. All you have to do is put it on a truck and send it to me. I'll even let you pay to send it to me. ;)

Joking aside, we NEED pics man! Did it come with that soft Corinthian wrinkle walls?

coronet.jpg

Pics, or it didn't happen!

pics_or_it_didnt_happen.jpg

Haven't really done anything yet. Been figuring out the wiring for all the lights. Had to replace the return cam for the blinkers. Next is figuring out the fuel and gas gauges, since both are out I'm guessing voltage limiter on back of cluster, but figure with all the broken wires everywhere else I'll check them first.

20181228_134308.jpg

Welcome to FABO! Solid looking project. Surely you can finance most of the project by selling those wheels and tires to some rich kid in a Honda. :poke:

Welcome from Texas! Nice Dart!
Couple years ago I picked up an old Mopar with those kind of wheels and tires. Took me 3 month but I got a total of $100 out of them!!!

Hi from Virginia. My trunk & floors were about the same. If you don't know how to weld (yet), those are good places to learn. I bought a welder & figured top of floors get carpet, underside -worst case- can get undercoating, & pretty much same for trunk. I learned the "burn, patch N grind" method of welding, but now the underside is paint, no undercoating. Topside is getting close to paint, my next task is to find someone that doesn't see a Mopar and think Barrett Jackson, or kids college in 1 paintjob. I don't begrudge someone making a living, but I'm getting quotes that are 5 or 6 months of my Gross pay, it aint gonna happen. I might have to teach myself to paint too. Have fun & ask questions, this place is a treasure trove of information & folks willing to share it.

Hey everyone,
So the day after Christmas I bought myself a 1968 Dodge Dart GT. I've been wanting an A-Body recently, mainly due to the looks. I'll admit, I've never owned a muscle car before, and this will also be my first reso-mod project. I'm from Oregon, but the Air Force said live in Oklahoma, so here I am. I look forward to getting to know the community, and finding out how over my head I got or if I can stay afloat with this car. lol

Stephen B.
Welcome to FABO!!!

68 Dart GT
That’s my car too!!

Haven't really done anything yet. Been figuring out the wiring for all the lights. Had to replace the return cam for the blinkers. Next is figuring out the fuel and gas gauges, since both are out I'm guessing voltage limiter on back of cluster, but figure with all the broken wires everywhere else I'll check them first.

View attachment 1715284989

Did you get the dart running and driving yet? Haven't seen it around town so I assume your still working on it!

That's a dang good start!

-
Back