New old guy

-

B-i-n-g-o

Reaction score
Morning!

Joining up, as I've lucked into a 63 Valiant Signet convertible. Will be picking it up in the next month, need to do lightweight tune-up, flush the various fluids/lines...everything seems in excellent shape on it. Pretty stoked!

Don't even know if it's a 170 or 225 yet, hope the 225, but don't care too much, we're not getting it for speed, it's for tooling around!

So, if you can offer suggestions of things to watch out for, sources (especially wheels/tires, I want to go from the mags to original steels with hubcaps, and not sure if 13s is just weirdly small on it), appreciate it!

Thanks,
Steve

DE7D4C5E-DCA9-4F31-BE60-B4AAEC33A0BE.jpeg

Make sure to post pictures of your 63 Valiant Signet convertible when you pick it up.

Will do! Pushbutton auto, new red paint, but metal all looks good underneath. White top with a little bit of rough edge I noticed, and red interior with a damaged armrest and a tear starting at the corner of the driver seat...one headlight bezel crimped, all other chrome and the stamped aluminum grill, looks perfect! That's where I am so far...

Thanks!

Steve, welcome to FABO. We love pictures, shoot us a couple when you get the Signet, nice catch.

I hear ya! A car thread without pictures is like a day without sunshine...I'll blow up the forum when I get it home!

Welcome to the greatest site on earth for these early and late A bodies :thumbsup:
First thing I did was pull the points distributor and put electronic dizzy on, then put a dual master brake cylinder on, very easy install.

Can't wait to see it :thumbsup:

Morning!

Joining up, as I've lucked into a 63 Valiant Signet convertible. Will be picking it up in the next month, need to do lightweight tune-up, flush the various fluids/lines...everything seems in excellent shape on it. Pretty stoked!

Don't even know if it's a 170 or 225 yet, hope the 225, but don't care too much, we're not getting it for speed, it's for tooling around!

So, if you can offer suggestions of things to watch out for, sources (especially wheels/tires, I want to go from the mags to original steels with hubcaps, and not sure if 13s is just weirdly small on it), appreciate it!

Thanks,
Steve

Welcome welcome

Yeah, hit the Tech forums. You'll find tons of info on tire, wheel and brake updates and upgrades.

The Search button is your friend :thumbsup:

Hey, finally got the Valiant! Posted pics on member restorations, here's a link to the post.
Thread 'Mabel's home!' Mabel's home!

Thanks for the welcomes and suggestions, I appreciate it! I've been enjoying the site since joining, and will hopefully contribute something worthwhile, now (even if it's just 'help me!').

Steve

-
Back