New Old Keys? Or Old New Keys?

-

7milesout

Reaction score
I like new stuff, especially when it gets old.

Guys, since the ole Scamp was given to me, I've only had 1 set of keys. I knew I needed to get another set made up, before I did something dumb. Well, I did something dumb.

I locked them in the trunk. I've already removed the rear seats and retrieved the keys, but now it's time to get a second set made. But I don't prefer to run down to wally world and have a 2nd set cut.

I would like to have another set like these originals made. The hex and the round head. And maybe even a nice keychain. Do you guys know a website I might peruse to find what I'm looking for?

7milesout

I cut my own with an old made in japan key cutter I picked up at a swap meet. NOS blanks can be found easily. They used to be dirt cheap but they still are not much more than the standard replacement blanks.

I've bought a set for as little as 5 bucks at larger Mopar shows, probably from Vans.

But if you only had one set, even a generic Wal-Mart key kept in the house would've saved you some aggravation.

I've resisted buying key fobs and my reasoning is if I lost my keys at, say a car show, I don't want the finder to read Barracuda on them. That would make it too easy.
I wish I could trust people to do the right thing but there are too many out there who don't think or act like me.

I've bought a set for as little as 5 bucks at larger Mopar shows, probably from Vans.

But if you only had one set, even a generic Wal-Mart key kept in the house would've saved you some aggravation.

I've resisted buying key fobs and my reasoning is if I lost my keys at, say a car show, I don't want the finder to read Barracuda on them. That would make it too easy.
I wish I could trust people to do the right thing but there are too many out there who don't think or act like me.
If your the only cuda there, your at the wrong show

Ok, I've seen the ebay blanks. I'll probably go that route. I of course know how to google. But it's not infrequent that what I may find on my own is not nearly as useful as what gets discovered on forums. Thanks!

I sell the key blanks for $5.00 a pr and $3.50 to ship.
I'll ship as many sets as you want for the $3.50
If you send me the keys you need cut, I'll ship them cut and ready to go. No extra charge.
I've done it for others here and haven't had an issue yet.
I'll also be at Carlisle in July, and Mopar Nats in Aug but I won't be cutting keys there.

-
Back