New out building / shop in the works !

-

RAT ROD AL

MOPAR ARCHAEOLOGIST - one parts hoard at a time!
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Theresa and I have been in our new place up here in Robbinsville North Carolina for about 3 weeks now after leaving Florida. Got the house pretty much in order . Been shopping around for an out building and decided on having this one built. Pics coming soon.
Edited

Last edited:
Had to make it 30' wide and 26' deep with 10' wall that's all my space will allow without digging out the mountain side !

20230921_184610.jpg

20230921_184557.jpg

20230921_184710.jpg

Should have it in by next spring I hope. Then we'll be looking to get back into some mopar picking. So keep me in mind if you have a hoard of parts you want to unload !

That will be a good sized shop, AL. It will look great next to the mountain!!!

Not really your thing but if you ever get down Summerville Georgia way, pay a visit to Mopar Frank.

He has a fantastic collection and he's proud to show it off. But, he's high and looking for top dollar on everything. I tried buying a 904, but he wouldn't take less than $300 and I would still have wanted to rebuild it.

Still, if you're nearby, definitely stop in. Here's a story about him. He's 25 minutes from my house.

The Ultimate MOPAR Hoard ~ Trailers Full of Muscle Car Parts (for sale)

That will be a good sized shop, AL. It will look great next to the mountain!!!

Not really your thing but if you ever get down Summerville Georgia way, pay a visit to Mopar Frank.

He has a fantastic collection and he's proud to show it off. But, he's high and looking for top dollar on everything. I tried buying a 904, but he wouldn't take less than $300 and I would still have wanted to rebuild it.

Still, if you're nearby, definitely stop in. Here's a story about him. He's 25 minutes from my house.

The Ultimate MOPAR Hoard ~ Trailers Full of Muscle Car Parts (for sale)
Hey 66fyssh, where in NW GA do you live. Probably not to far from here.

Oops, too late, was going to say, " before you pour think hoist and ground anchors", - but you knew that. Lol good job.

Right out the box , they made it a foot short. 24ft instead of 25. Can no one do anything right anymore ?

View attachment 1716216394
Helped my best bud with a buds building. He poured the slab short on two sides, two diagonal corners level other two 2"-4" out.
Needed to add a couple of feet on two sides.
His wife wasn't too happy.
I best fit anchor bolts to be drilled and set nuts to grade. Naturally he had to make up gap at bottom when siding was installed.
Some people. . . .

Now THAT is frustrating! Every foot counts in these garages.
Called th building company and complained , wanted some cash back or something, or thy could take it down and leave. We'll the bastards Called my bluff and told me to tell the workers to stop and take it down. . Needless to say we are taking it as is.

I have a 30w by 26d

You can get two cars in and open both doors on both cars, plus you can have tool boxes and work benches in front of them and still walk between those and the cars and...walk behind the cars and the doors.

Possibly the "perfect size" for two cars.

I can even fit a 42" riding mower and a 20" push mower in there with them.

Last edited:
I have a 30w by 26d

You can get two cars in and open both doors on both cars, plus you can have tool boxes and work benches in front of them and still walk between the those and the cars and...walk behind the cars and the doors.

Possibly the "perfect size" for two cars.

I can even fit a 42" riding mower and a 20" push mower in there with them.

This is all good to hear. I have a 26x26 concrete pad that I am wanting to add onto to make 30x40.

@RAT ROD AL if you remember going to my dad’s house in Oklahoma he is putting a 40x60 Quonset hut style shop up right now. I am now living back in Oklahoma and in my childhood home just a couple properties away.

Hope to meet you guys someday!

-
Back