New partner in crime

-

GAMoparMan

Reaction score
Found on Craigslist out of KY. 8 hours there and 8 back going through the mountains to get this one. Wife saw it and fell in love.

coronet 1.jpg

1959 Dodge Coronet
Survivor paint
230 L6 with only 50k!! miles
2-speed push button trans

Have the original paperwork for it including the Dealership order form from 58 when the literal old lady bought it. The 59 models were released to the public on Oct 10th of 58. She went to the dealership on Oct. 11th and ordered it. Trading in a 54 Plymouth Belvedere. She received the car on the 15th. Serial number is 711 off the line.

It changed hands 2 times before coming to me.

The previous owner had tall cheater slicks on it and a glasspack exhaust installed...shake my head at it...lol..

Once home, we gave it a bath and buffed a little on the frontend to see how bad the paint was. Paint is very dry and hungry for conditioning...lol PO didn't know what wax was....again..shake my head...

Started with a basic tune-up but couldn't get a miss to go away. After doing some poking around, it turned into arms deep surgery. 1 and 2 cylinders only made around 80 psi while the rest were around 130.
2 burnt valves......probably due to some knucklehead having the lash all wrong.

2 new valves and fresh lappings for all. After that and a rebuild on the carb. Motor running like a Swiss watch. Closing your eyes, you would have thought it was a sewing machine for a moment...lol

Below is the pic I took of her running after putting her heart back together. She seems ready for a night cruise.
coronet 2.jpg

She'll stay this way until I finish up her sister. Working on a 1959 Plymouth Savoy 4-door Richard Petty 43 Tribute. Should look like this when I'm done. Collecting parts atm.
savoy 1.jpg

I have another 59 Plymouth that is trashed, going to cut the back end off and make a pull behind trailer for travel/storage.

Between these and the other Mopars we have..Never a dull moment around the house.

Cool find, that's a neat car, especially with knowing the history. I've always liked how the trim over the headlights make them look angry. Kind of intimidating, just sitting still.

the whole crew can get in the trunk for a 5 dollar night at the drive-in, nice find

I love the fin cars, cool find. About the same color as my 59 Fury. Got a really great deal on it so not much invested in it. That’s my fun car. Memike and Cheryl (6paktogo) had a fun ride in it.

-
Back