New pb on my smallblock Valiant

-

LIMEY VALIANT

Reaction score
Got a new pb with my 408 Valiant this weekend using a 100 shot of NOS for the first time

10.2482 sec @ 128.09 mph

1.4561 sixty foot

Going for a 9 sec pass at the end of the month with a 150 shot and a few more weight saving measures / fine tuning

:happy10:

Another pic

_F4M5262.jpg

How did the car get from Washington State to the UK? Did you have it here and move to the UK or purchase the car and have it shipped there? I remember seeing that car at times at Pacific Raceways (Seattle International Raceways).

Chuck

How did the car get from Washington State to the UK? Did you have it here and move to the UK or purchase the car and have it shipped there? I remember seeing that car at times at Pacific Raceways (Seattle International Raceways).

Chuck

PLEASE TELL ME MORE ...I have some old photos of the car at Winston Dragway. Where is Winston Dragway ?? It also has a window decal with something like " NJ Hot Rod Association " , or something like that ?

I know it was owned by a guy called Sean and wore the name of a dismantler.... Allens Ave Auto Salvage

It was sold to a guy in London, England who is now dead. He sold it on and I bought it from another English guy. It was a very mild 340 car when it first came to England

Here`s a couple of old pics.

Sean1[1].jpg

Sean3.jpg

Sean4.jpg

Sean5.jpg

Sean6.jpg

Sean7.jpg

Sean8.jpg

Bloody well,good job! what heads,cam?

Thankyou ... full recipe in the 10 second sticky. Home ported Edelbrock heads, Crower solid cam

Just to avoid any confusion ... I painted all the lettering on the car over here, so as far as I know it was a Eastern seaboard car

Korum Motors is not even a Mopar dealer anymore. Puyallup is a city in Washington that is about 30 mile southeast of Seattle.

How is it painted now? your first pic or your last ones?

I don't know anything about the car but grew up racing at the Seattle track alot and just remember seeing the car.

Chuck

Hi Chuck

I painted Korum Motors on there myself over here ... just cos I wanted to give it a more authentic look. Just searched on the net for old Plymouth dealers that would have been around in the day and like the name so painted it on over here.

The car in USA was red with the side stripes and the Allens Ave logo. It was painted plain raspberry in England and then I lettered it and built all the running gear over here.

That's funny. It's clearly a different car that I used to see. This was in the 70's and 80's. I don't specifically remember what dealership it had on the car but it did have a dealership name on it. Heck it could have been a hardtop instead of a sedan for that matter.

Just about every Plymouth car had Plymouth on the rear quarter back then.

Back then it was pretty common to have a car with a dealership sponsor. And we know how common red is. The way you have it now is how it looks familiar to me. The original two stripe look doesn't look familiar at all.

Again, that is funny.

Oh, and by the way those are some nice performance numbers there.

Chuck

Car may have ended up on the west coast but those racing pics are from Connecticut Dragway which has been gone since the mid '80s. Car has Rhode Island plates in the second pic, had to have been from somewhere around there initially.

If you're looking for history on the car, post over Moparts Unlawfl's Race Only, guarantee you'll get some good responses.

Great job Limey! I have a lot of family in England and plan on coming back over in 2012 for a 2 week visit. Not sure if I'll have a chance to visit any dragways but we'll try.

Limey
The nos only droped ur time by 10.55 on gas to 10.24on bottle? I have a 68 valiant that runs 11.60s on motor and when i spray it with a 100 shot of nos i drop down to a 10.50s

Thanks all

Valiant 383 ... that`s true. Don`t forget I have only just popped my cherry with NOS and have got a very conservative ( safe ? ) NOS set up... 3000 - 6000 rpm via a window switch.

Footbrake car, launching softly.

The times will only be going one way as I get used to using it ????????

My biggest problem is I drink too much in the bar the night before with my racing mates and am usually hungover 8)

Jon when i get done with Grumpys a fueler,,, i am going to send you back to Norfolk a broken man...and i will not need the help of the ole sniff..Just good ole fashioned Big Block shoeing..........:bootysha:

Got a feeling i might regret that:clock:

While we are on the subject of small blocks,here is the real king of the small blocks,,,,,the living small block god Kev Bulmar and the mopar guru Blue .This was in the early days when the Taxi was still running 14s . These two managed to get this four door Aussy Valiant that made the titanic look seaworthy with a junkyard 318 into the 11s .There journey to the 11s would make a film worth watching.....and they drove the taxi best part of 350 miles round trip to and from the track ....

-
Back