New product for retired racers.

-
4 speeds are made for trucks and rice grinders. lol
Well...I guess I don't like that. My Barracuda is insulted. : )

burnout 5.jpg

Why don’t you to a thread on your build, your car, the class you want to run, and how quick you are trying to go.
Im a ways from there yet. No dragstrips near me, so no class other than the street, so must be steetable. Full interior mid or high 9s would be great if it ever saw a strip. But that may be optimistic.

You crossed the line with that one, now just you guys go stock up on some more ladys undergarments to go with the handicap's and such of being a winning bracket racer lol. May as well take up knitting in between rounds, nothing but a bunch of old hens anyway :lol:

I have a funny four speed story but it misses a lot if you weren’t there. Back in the 1970’s at a small now closed 1/8 mile track this guy in a duster ran a four speed. 15-20 trips to that track and we never saw him hit third gear. He dialed the car for missing third gear. We were out of towners and we would all gather together in the pits and row the gears for him, of course with sound effects of him missing third gear. Voom voom VOOM.

Lol, to the entire thread.
I'll have rat bastid bracket racing at some point

@Rat Bastid , guess what we're going bracket racing someday soon, how do you like them apples?
I heard getting you a ginger ale will get it done lol

Oh HELL NO ! You didn't go there! I know PBR has some bad *** things hanging round, but going back to the cylinder head thread for BPE, 8500 RPM 340 running through a four-speed that's pretty brutal man I'd love to hear that and see it hell I'd love to drive it I wonder what you could do with today's technology to reincarnate something like that?

Bracket racing has taken the spectator out of the stands and put him behind the wheel of a race car. Those not up to the competition are better off selling their race cars or softening it up for use as a daily driver. I hear car shows and cruises are really exciting places to spend some time. I’ve been asked if I could add a special W2 addition to my fishing seats but since that project is over 50 years old and heavy the seat frames can’t support both that weight and the fisherman too.
I tried bracket racing once when it was called "Dial Your Own". I had a new Mazda RX3 Coupe and ended up losing to a guy with a Corvette that had raced for 15 years. The weather changed and I thought cooler air would allow me to be faster. Going through the lights, my front bumper was even with his back bumper. Much prefer road racing, not street racing.

I tried bracket racing once when it was called "Dial Your Own". I had a new Mazda RX3 Coupe and ended up losing to a guy with a Corvette that had raced for 15 years. The weather changed and I thought cooler air would allow me to be faster. Going through the lights, my front bumper was even with his back bumper. Much prefer road racing, not street racing.
Street Racing is Out Man, too many people.....

good luck with your Dart build, plan wisely :thumbsup:
That is a very important point, plan wisely. Too many don't do the research and thinking up front, get half or three quarter done and see or read something and decide they want that. Research, form the plan and stick to it. Costs much less.

Street Racing is Out Man, too many people.....
Street racers are basically playing bullshit poker, yapping about how much power their car has and 1/4 times. These guys will not go to a sanctioned track because their BS will come into the light.
I used to corner marshal for CanAm, TransAm, Formula Atlantic during the '70's, at EIS, Edmonton International Speedway. In the '90's I got into it again for a few seasons until an injured hip prevented me from running. This was in Calgary and involved mostly club racing, but for a few summers the AIS, American Indtcar Series guys came up. These cars are very fast ex Indy cars. One had the turbo Buick V6. Most had naturally aspirated aluminium block Chev or Ford V8 engines. Quit coming as there was no spectator support. Cowtown only understands drag racing and horse/chuckwagon racing.

Street racers are basically playing bullshit poker, yapping about how much power their car has and 1/4 times. These guys will not go to a sanctioned track because their BS will come into the light.
I used to corner marshal for CanAm, TransAm, Formula Atlantic during the '70's, at EIS, Edmonton International Speedway. In the '90's I got into it again for a few seasons until an injured hip prevented me from running. This was in Calgary and involved mostly club racing, but for a few summers the AIS, American Indtcar Series guys came up. These cars are very fast ex Indy cars. One had the turbo Buick V6. Most had naturally aspirated aluminium block Chev or Ford V8 engines. Quit coming as there was no spectator support. Cowtown only understands drag racing and horse/chuckwagon racing.
I dig lining up, BUT, ya BEST HAVE a Long road, with NO DRIVEWAYS..... I get what You're saying though

-
Back