new project 1970 340 4 speed Dart

-

Relax360

Reaction score
Hey Guys. well the disease has struck again. This time I will be restoring a 1970 H Code 340 4 speed Dart Swinger. A real FC7 car also. dunno why but always wanted a high impact color car.

Pictures to come.

Brad

Congrats on your purchase! Had a '70 H code many years ago - fun car!

This sounds like the 1970 FC7 340 Dart that was listed for $5500 on Craigslist - San Diego. That posting is now removed.

Hopefully you already have a lot of the factory parts to renew the engine compartment, and the factory 4 speed (that car had been converted to an automatic with an automatic steering column - with battery in the trunk). What was the electronic circuit board mounted on the passenger side near the radiator and horn assembly?

Congrats! Great car-Great color!

I'm glad a FABO member got this car! I was checking it out on CL. Keep us posted with lots of pics! Welcome to the 70 340 swinger club!

Yup it was the one on Craigslist. Factory gauges and Tach are in place. I actually do custom wire harnesses for muscle cars so the electrical will be a piece of cake. and have a set of US indy mags to put on it. And I have already located a 70 A body 4 speed.

But first I will be attacking the rust. Pictures coming. Just busy wiring a 63 Impala

Getting started stripping tge trunk lid first rust cane right off

20170516_110335.jpg

20170516_205133.jpg

20170518_180524.jpg

Nice work. .. what method did you use to strip the decklid?

used 7 inch 40 grit sanding dics then a black stripping wheel for the finer sanding. Fortunately the body shop is right next door to where I work so I did it after hours.

other updates...The grill sadley has 2 of 3 support tabs broken and one of the metal support brackets is missing. I can fab a new bracket based on the one I still have. other then the broken tabs the grill is looking ok. Anyone know if they can be repaired?

Work is slow but steady.. started with the trunk lid the rust was just surface thanks goodness plus the 4 speed arrived today thanks to fellow A Body members.

ProgreSS has been a bit slow. Got the fenders off for stripping and sanded down the rust on tge roof. No major surprises. Also was happy to find the VIN stamp still on the trunk rails. Should get more photos this week. Also ordered 80% of all the parts I will need.
20170604_215340.jpg
20170604_215350.jpg

-
Back