New Project : Dodge Dart Sport

-

ValerianMagnum

the little car that could
Reaction score
i guys ! i just bought this mopar that s been abandoned for the last 20 years , its hard to believe be the frame is solid and it need some little repairs to the floors , but overall it is still verry solid .. i wanted to do a clone with it , of a demon or duster bu i think that im gonna stick with this combo , i find that the color and the overall look will bw beautiful on that car once it will be repainted .

anyway still a big job to do but , it was a parts cars .. few weeks ago and now it as its chance to be restored ! ( the owner said that the frame and floors were finished .. WRONG !! ) for 800 $ it makes me happy to at least try to save it !

i plan to swap a magnum v8 to it (5,2/5,9) carburated of course , and to make a nice cruiser ,

tell me what do you guys think about it !

dart018.jpg

dart021.jpg

DSC03880.jpg

DSC03881.jpg

DSC03933.jpg

DSC03934.jpg

DSC03935.jpg

DSC03938.jpg

DSC03940.jpg

DSC03943.jpg

DSC04283.jpg

DSC04292.jpg

DSC04317.jpg

DSC04280.jpg

DSC04308.jpg

2d.jpg

Hey Val
That looks like a great score. Looks solid in the pics.
Have fun with it.

thx guys !! i was so glad to know that it was that solid , its more than 4 hours from my house so it was the first time that i saw the car in person ..and yes the car was sitting at the same place since more than 20 years , from the end of the 80s until now ! and the pic where you see the car jacked up its when the seller moved it and lift the front to show us the frame and floors , he was amazed himself to see that the car was in that condition

DSC04282.jpg

DSC04284.jpg

DSC04298.jpg

DSC04306.jpg

Great find. That's in better shape than what I started with.

before.jpg

Though the floors, trunk and framerails were rust free on mine. I know, hard to believe.
Mine turned out fairly well, in my mind anyway.

metrocruise20082-1.jpg

Looks good for sitting so long in that tall grass. Nice find and a good deal on her. Good luck on the build and that a boy for saving another one.

I have never seen a stripe pattern or even a dart sport like that! Best of luck and awesome find man, esp for 800$

looks great that grille looks so terrible I dont know why they changed them from the 73-74 grille ughhhhh great score though heres some pics of my 73 sport that never got finished

car stuff 005.jpg

car stuff 051.jpg

car stuff 050.jpg

car stuff 006.jpg

should i repaint it or restore it and leave it with is original paint ... who is btw still presentable once washed !!

Great find!!! I'm working on getting my '73 Dart Sport back on the road too.
That car is DEFINITELY worth restoring and as some others have previously stated: its in better shape than what many of us started out with.
I'm re-doing mine in sublime green and updating with modern brakes and a stroked 360.
I suggest doing your car the way you want it to look. That blue isn't a bad color, but personally, I'd ditch the vinyl top...they're usually nothing but trouble down the road even when they're done properly unless the car is a trailer queen. I like to drive mine.

-
Back