new project sears roebuck jc higgins boys bike

-

63VALIANT*KISS

Reaction score
this is my new 1960's sears and roebuck jc higgins brand boy bike has fenders as well as with evreything else u see in the pictures. this bike may be a lil more work then the western flyer but prolly gonna come out about the samelook will keep u guys updated i may get fustrated with the flashlight mech in the tank for the headlights if they dont work.

should be fun tho.

Attachments

• S7301310 (640x480).jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 886
  • S7301311 (640x480).jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 808
  • S7301312 (640x480).jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 612
  • S7301313 (640x480).jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 546
  • S7301314 (640x480).jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 521
Cool, I have a similar JC Higgins in women's form. I don't have a current pic, but once I cleaned this up real good, I'm not restoring mine. Cleaned up real well, worth keeping it original.

I can't quite tell from the pic, is yours a 24"? Looks like yours may have been the same color as mine, or a lighter blue?

If you need any reference pics from my untouched original (assuming much of it would be the same), let me know. In winter, it's stashed in the garage, but pretty sure I could get to it even so, and soon it'll be out anyway.

Attachments

• IMG_5849email.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 555
Cool. I knew that J.C. Higgins was the Sears gun line, my dad had a couple JCH shotguns. Didn't know that it was also their bicycle line, maybe all of their sporting goods?
Have fun with it.
C

In the 60's , we used to keep the Sears catalog in the hall closet under the phone book. When I'd get sick of riding my hand-me-down bike I'd take out the catalog and dream of owning one of the Sting Rays. Hell, that catalog is probably still in the closet.

mine has been repainted long ago it was a nice anodized red color and said missile on the chain guard the neck berrings are shot it was a b**** to get the old rusty pedals off i had to take it to the bike shop and pay 5bucks to havem taken off ima put alot more then the other one in to this thing but im sure it'll be cool

and yes j.c. higgins was there gun line ,golf club line,bycicle,and sporting good line j.c. higgins was a worker at sears since like 1908 and died the bookeeper for sears in like 71

and yes mines a 24in

Very cook bikes you're saving and good to see you on FABO, missed your posts lately.

Very cool. I'm sure you already considered it, but I would have liked to leave it rusted. Of course after you take it all down to lube headset, bottom bracket, hubs, maybe relace wheels, new chain, etc, it's tough to imagine putting it back together without doing cosmetics.

Pretty neat bikes you have. I'm not an active collector, but I always have my eye open at flea markets and swap meets. It's great to have fun with something that takes up little space, and costs relatively little. That's probably why a lot of bicycle guys and girls doing it for a while often have dozens.

That bike has good lines. I can picture it in a heavy gold metalflake, black slicks, and a Brookes leather saddle.

got it mostly painted today need to clean a few things up the tank is still in rust thats gonna take a lil while....
i started by putting the crank and berrings all in with a few pumps of greese after packing the berrrings spins great no play and no noise.
gotta get some money and get the new neck berrings set with races new chain need to replace a few spokes and a few more things i will get pics soon of the progress right now the fumes are kinda weeew

no these are the only ones i remember besides bendex these are kenel1 or something like that both are the same someone pointed the name out and was like wow i have never seen one besides bendex i said me either

My neighbor just finished his bike

Attachments

• securedownload.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 395
got it put together ridable still got more gonna get way cooler....

update on whats happend since last post.
i got the neck berrings in and a new chain got some sweet aluminum pedalsand as soon as i rode it the front wheel decided to seize and tighten and cracked the hub on the front.....so i got a new rim altogether and was able to put on my new white wall tire just in time for the front fender. now shes running great

Attachments

• S7301317 (640x480).jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 365
  • S7301318 (640x480).jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 377
got the bikes done at least done to ride. i have one more mod i wanna do to the boys bike i wanna make the end of the fender on the rear shorter and cut it to a point like a teardrop fender.

they ride great took the boys bike out yesterday for a 6miles break in and finished the upholstry on the seats last night here they are......

Attachments

• S7301322 (640x480).jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 348
  • S7301323 (640x480).jpg
    91 KB · Views: 365
  • S7301324 (640x480).jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 348
  • S7301325 (640x480).jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 348
Really, a Bicycle ....I'm sure theres a forum out there for those, but on a mopar restoration site....really !!!!!

-
Back